Chapter 22

'Yare yare' - Peoples thoughts

'Yare yare' - Saikis thoughts

"Yare yare" - People speaking

"Yare yare" - Saiki speaking

"Yare yare" - People speaking in English

~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N POV

You and Kusuo had started dating since his confession yesterday (well, 2 confessions), and today you both plan to tell your friends about your relationship. Kusuo didn't want to let the whole year know or anything though, so you decided to just tell a few people. The thought of all his classmates gossipping about his personal relationship with you filled him with utter dread.

You didn't mind telling your friends about this of course, but what you dreaded most was Teruhashi's reaction. You were very much aware of her obsession with Kusuo and both of you wanted to avoid getting into further trouble with a formidable force like her. Instead of stressing about this though, you thought it was best not to worry about her.

Yesterday you were so ecstatic about the confession you ended up sleeping better than usual. So well that you ended up sleeping through your alarm, and now you're late for school. Normally you'd be out of the house by around 8:20. Currently it's 8:20, you're half dressed and you haven't even eaten breakfast yet. In the middle of getting your school uniform on, you hear the doorbell ring; it's most likely Kusuo.Frantically, you slip your shoes on and run downstairs to open the door.

Dad - "Leaving without your breakfast?"

Y/N - "Sorry Dad, I'm in a rush. I woke up late."

Dad - "Wow, what a surprise."

You roll your eyes at his sarcastic insult and exit the house to greet Kusuo. As soon as you saw him, a light red shaded your cheeks - you couldn't help but get reminded of the deep kiss you shared with him yesterday. You could tell he thought of it too since his face turned just as red as yours.

Y/N - "M-Morning, Kusuo."

Kusuo pauses before responding to your greeting. He looks you up and down from head to toe and examines you; he could tell you were in such a rush because of your messy state. Kusuo sighs and facepalms.

Kusuo - "Good grief, how late did you wake up?"

Y/N - "How do you know I woke up late?"

Kusuo - "Because you look a right mess."

Y/N - "That's insulting!"

Kusuo pats your hair down, attempting to fix the multiple strands sticking out. He puts his hand back into his pocket once he's finished making you look a little more presentable.

Kusuo - "There. At least you don't have a bed head now."

Y/N - "...Thanks."

You and Kusuo begin walking to school together. You decide to bring up your plans to inform your friends about the recent news.

Y/N - "Kusuo, are you sure you want to tell them?"

Kusuo - "Why wouldn't I be?"

Y/N - "Well, I'm sure majority of them will be happy for us but a certain few..."

You awkwardly scratch the back of your neck before finishing your sentence. Kusuo knew exactly what you were talking about and who you were referring to though.

Kusuo - "I see what you mean."

Kusuo takes ahold of your hand and squeezes it gently to reassure you.