Chapter 19

'Yare yare' - Peoples thoughts

'Yare yare' - Saikis thoughts

"Yare yare" - People speaking

"Yare yare" - Saiki speaking

"Yare yare" - People speaking in English

~~~~~~~~~~

Kusuo POV

Kusuo searches frantically across the ground for his glasses. Whilst leaving his house, someone bumped into him and his glasses flew off in the process. Trying to search for your glasses whilst also avoiding turning people into stone had proven to be an incredibly difficult task. After a couple of minutes, Kusuo finally finds them and grabs his glasses.

Kusuo - 'Good grief, finally.'

Y/N - "Kusuo? What are you doing on the ground?"

Kusuo swiftly turns around in excitement in response to hearing Y/N's voice behind him. However, as soon as he looked at her he realised he hadn't yet put on his glasses. Quickly, he covers his eyes.

Kusuo - "Shit!"

Y/N - "...Kusuo?"

Kusuo removes his hands cautiously from his face after hearing her voice again. Much to his surprise, he finds Y/N still standing in front of him normally; the sight rendered him completely frozen and perplexed.

Y/N - "Why'd you cover your eyes when you saw me? Am I that ugly to look at?"

Y/N takes a few more seconds to examine Kusuo - she had never seen him without his glasses. She found his violet eyes practically mesmerising and wished he'd wear contacts instead, or at least normal glasses that weren't neon green.

Y/N - "Speaking of ugly, put your glasses back on. You look weird."

Kusuo - "Bitch."

Kusuo puts his glasses back on and stands back up. He was still confused by how she was even immune to this power too; he knew that the bracelet around her wrist blocked his x-ray vision, but not his petrification. Could it block all of his "visual" abilities? Kusuo knew he had to investigate a little further.

Kusuo - "Y/N, where'd you get that bracelet from?"

Y/N takes a look at the bracelet wrapped around her wrist before responding to Kusuo.

Y/N - "This? I don't know where it's from, I just know it belonged to my mother."

Kusuo - "What's it made of?"

Y/N - "How am I supposed to know? What's with all these questions?"

Kusuo - "...Just a conversation starter?"

Y/N - "That's a shit conversation starter."

Kusuo - "And yet we're conversing. Checkmate, Y/N."

Y/N - "Fair play."

Y/N and Kusuo continue walking to school together, yet both end up turning to class late due to the slight distraction.

~~~~

Y/N POV

Dwanye & Peggy - "SERIOUSLY!?"

Dwanye and Peggy once again scream at you at the top of their voices, this time not attracting any attention since everyone was already used to their bullshit.

Y/N - "Shut up! Can you both ever be quiet when I tell you stuff like this?"

Peggy - "S-Sorry! But how can we not get excited when our ship is sailing?"