Chapter 18

'Yare yare' - Peoples thoughts

'Yare yare' - Saikis thoughts

"Yare yare" - People speaking

"Yare yare" - Saiki speaking

"Yare yare" - People speaking in English

~~~~~~~~~~

Kusuo POV

Ever since what happened last Saturday, Kusuo's feelings towards Y/N had changed drastically. Of course Kusuo had always thought Y/N to be attractive and had even participated in flirting with her, but the recent event seriously deepened that attraction. His perception of her had changed along with his thoughts becoming "less than family friendly".

The sudden attraction toward Y/N had taken Kusuo by surprise, since he'd always considered these feelings to be foreign to him. Obviously his involuntary x-ray vision and telepathy had always prevented him from experiencing these emotions, so when he finally found someone that was "immune" to this he became somewhat fascinated by them. Kusuo was enthralled by the air of complete mystery that Y/N radiated and the fact she could always break through his hard-headed facade.  The incident last Saturday had just heavily increased Y/N's allure.

Since what happened last week, things between Y/N and Kusuo had been a little awkward. Y/N had made the decision to just continue as normal and pretend as if nothing ever happened between them. Kusuo, on the other hand, couldn't successfully hide his growing feelings for her; the continuous inappropriate thoughts and dreams he had about Y/N made it uncomfortable for him to be around her. How could he endure just talking to her normally, acting like he hadn't been having such indecent thoughts about her?

Kusuo woke up to his alarm clock loudly ringing, to which he quickly sat up and searched around his room for Y/N frantically. Once he realised she wasn't present, he calmed down and turned off his alarm. He had been having the same type of dreams repeatedly every night, which was completely unusual considering he only had dreams when it was precognition. The first time he experienced one of these lewd dreams he thought it to be premonition, but his excitement was instantly negated once absolutely nothing happened between him and Y/N.

Kusuo sighs and face palms, disappointed he was still having these thoughts about her; no matter how much he tried to avoid them, he couldn't stop it. Kusuo paused for a second before lifting his covers, his disappointment with himself increasing even more once he looks down.

Kusuo - '...Fuck.'

~~~~

Kusuo gets ready and sorts himself out quickly to make his way to school, not even bothering to eat breakfast. He continuously attempted to distract himself from any further crude thoughts. Unfortunately, his attempts were to no avail considering just a few minutes after he left his house he saw Y/N. He tried his best to avoid her, but of course she'd be able to easily spot her best friend. Y/N beams with happiness once she spots the pinkette and sprints towards him. Kusuo sighs as he realises he couldn't just pretend not to see her.

Y/N - "Good morning, Kusuo!"

Kusuo - "...Morning, Y/N."

Y/N takes a second to analyse Kusuo and tilts her head at him. She was seemingly confused by the reluctance in his response. Y/N continues to look right at him, causing Kusuo to feel a little uncomfortable and flustered.

Kusuo - "What are you staring at me so intently for?"

Y/N - "You just seem off. You've been distant with me again recently."

Kusuo - "I have not. You're just imagining things."

Y/N - "Good, because I don't want us to argue again. I don't like it."