Chapter 26

'Yare yare' - Peoples thoughts

'Yare yare' - Saikis thoughts

"Yare yare" - People speaking

"Yare yare" - Saiki speaking

"Yare yare" - People speaking in English

~~~~~~~~~~

Kusuo POV

Kusuo and Y/N were walking back to her house together after school as they always do. Whilst Kusuo did enjoy spending time with his girlfriend of course, Y/N still continued to take part in her daily routine to annoy him. It did make Kusuo contemplate every once in a while about why the hell he decided to date someone so irritating. As Y/N and Kusuo continued to chat/bicker, a certain topic was soon brought up.

Y/N - "That reminds me! I can't hangout with you on Friday after school."

Kusuo - "What? How come?"

Y/N - "I'm celebrating my birthday with Dwanye and Peggy then."

Kusuo - "Your birthday!?"

Kusuo wasn't expecting her to say that; after all, she had never even told him about when her birthday is despite her knowing Kusuo's. He couldn't help but get a little mad that she didn't bother telling her own boyfriend that.

Kusuo - "Why didn't you tell me?"

Y/N - "Probably because I usually forget when my birthday is."

Kusuo had to take a second to process the ridiculous thing he just heard come out of her mouth.

Kusuo - "How the hell do you forget your birthday?"

Y/N - "I don't know! Dwanye and Peggy reminded me today about it though."

Kusuo - "So they can remember it but you can't?"

Y/N - "Yes, exactly!"

Kusuo looked at Y/N with complete and utter disappointment, though at the same time he wasn't exactly surprised. His girlfriend's memory was practically nonexistent most of the time. Kusuo was faced with a new predicament now - what should he get Y/N for her birthday?

Kusuo - "Is there anything you want for your birthday? I can get it you."

Y/N - "How about a better boyfriend?"

Kusuo - "Yeah, funny. Be serious."

Y/N - "I don't need or want anything, it's fine. You don't have to get me anything."

Kusuo - "...Are you sure?"

Y/N - "100% sure. After all..."

Y/N latches onto Kusuo's arm and gifts him the cutest, widest smile she can.

Y/N - "Being with you is a good enough present~"

Kusuo tries to stop himself from going red, but to no avail. Y/N giggles at the boy's blushing face.

Kusuo - "W-What are you on about? Didn't you also say 2 minutes ago you wanted a better boyfriend?"

Y/N - "I was only kidding~ It's impossible to get better than perfection."

Kusuo - "P-Perfection?"

Kusuo's face somehow managed to transition into a darker shade of red. Y/N relished in Kusuo's flustered state. She found it child's play to make the stoic psychic turn absolutely beetroot red, a skill she took pride in.

Y/N continued to tease Kusuo as they made their way to her house together. However, something still kept him a little distracted. Despite her reassuring words earlier, an issue still lay in the back of Kusuo's mind; what should he get her for her birthday?