Chapter 4

The next morning wasn't a good one. While she had been able to convince herself that it was nothing over the past two days, what had happened the night before had convinced her that it definitely was something. It wasn't like him...usually he was up for all kinds of shit, so why was it different now? Something had to have happened. She really wanted to ask the others if they had noticed something as well but that would probably just cause drama which they didn't need right now. The less tension there was, the better.

She put on some black high waist skinny jeans and a plain white shirt before joining the others at breakfast...they had to leave for rehearsal soon. Once again, everything seemed normal. Ethan and Thomas didn't seem to even think about their singer's weird behavior from the night before. It was as if it had never happened. But how could she possibly talk to him about it without making it awkward? Yes, they were best friends, but they had never talked about personal problems or something...well...none of them had even had deep problems before so it hadn't been necessary. All of that just made everything harder for her...she was so focused on it, she couldn't even drink her hot chocolate. She was watching Damiano, who was joking around with the others. Why did he seem so normal? She put on a smile to not make the others suspicious and got up, waiting for them.

The drive to the arena was pretty quiet and Victoria was still contemplating whether or not she should try to talk to Damiano. Well...if she chose to do so, she would have to wait until the concert was over. During rehearsal it was impossible to find the time to seriously talk to someone and during their breaks it probably wasn't a good idea. "Jesus Christ, girl...are you okay? You're so absent again..." She looked at Damiano a bit dumbfounded. "I'm sorry...what?", she tried to focus again...gosh, this whole thing really messed her up a bit. "We arrived, silly...move your ass inside or else our manager will kill us..." She nodded and followed him outside and into the arena. "And the saga continues...I guess you do indeed take longer than me, Vic.", he joked around, once again referring to their endless bickering, but she definitely wasn't in the mood for that. "Shut the fuck up, Damiano.", she grumbled. She didn't mean it in a rude way but she did come across a bit harsh. His smile faded:" Woah, okay...calm the fuck down...I was joking. If you're on your period just tell me and I'll leave you alone...no need to be so fucking grumpy." After that he just walked away and she regretted her reaction already. She hated having fights or disagreements with her band members...especially right before a concert because then their chemistry wasn't as good.

The rehearsal was good anyway and soon enough they were getting ready backstage. Damiano was avoiding her at the moment...he always did that, even if they had just the smallest disagreement. He seemed to hate confrontation, so it was usually her who came back to apologize...or they didn't make up at all and after a day or two everything was back to normal. Usually she wouldn't go apologize for a stupid small thing like that but because she already thought that something wasn't alright, she felt the need to, so she finished putting on her stage outfit and slowly made her way towards their singer, who was wearing a simple shirt and a leather jacket. "Hey...uhm...I'm sorry, okay? I know you were joking and I really didn't mean to sound rude or something." He looked at her, a small smile on his lips:" I know...", he simply replied, seeming a bit surprised about her apology for a small thing like that. It really hadn't been worth apologizing because it was literally nothing but if he was actually struggling with something like she thought he was, it was probably a good idea to make sure he knew that she wasn't trying to be mean. Thinking about that, she thought it was a bit stupid though...he wasn't a child and maybe he had just had one or two bad days...maybe she was still overreacting and absolutely nothing was wrong. But maybe there was....the endless ifs and maybes really got on her nerves. But she really couldn't think about that now. They had to go on stage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey ;)

I'm feeling pretty motivated today, so I might even post another chapter later :)

Again, I hope you like it and I always love to read your comments. They are really uplifting and they make me absolutely happy.

Thank you for all your support.

- Thalia :)