Chapter 12

She took a deep breath to prevent herself from freaking out again before placing one of his arms on her knees to get a better look. It wasn't pretty and she felt kinda nauseous when looking at it. He had cuts all over the place from his wrist up to his shoulder. Old ones, already healed ones, some that were in the process of healing and a few new ones. It was horrible but there were not that many fresh wounds even though there was quite a bit of blood. She grabbed a towel and got up to look for the first aid kit after putting some water into a glass. "Vic...I...I'm sorry...", his voice was nothing more than a weak and shaky whisper but at least he was finally saying something. "Don't be. It's okay, I promise...I know my reaction wasn't good and I'm really really sorry about that...but there is nothing you have to apologize for."

Once she had gathered everything she thought she might have to use, she sat down next to him again. "Let me clean you up a bit, okay? We can talk about it afterwards." If she was completely honest, she would have to admit that she did not at all want to talk about it...but she knew it was unavoidable. It was necessary. His other arm was scarred too but luckily, the fresh cuts were only on his left arm, so it was a little easier to clean them all at once. She had never done that before, so she just kinda improvised. I mean...how hard could that be, right? She poured some water on the towel and began to carefully wipe the blood away...she was scared of doing something wrong or hurting him, so she just used very light pressure. Once the blood was all gone...at least for the most part, she searched the first aid kit for something to disinfect it. She knew rubbing alcohol wasn't the best thing to do that with but that was the only thing she had right now, so she would just have to go along with it. "I'm not gonna lie...this will hurt...like...a lot...", she warned him before pouring some of the liquid onto his arm. He groaned in pain and clenched his fists: "Stop...please..." It hurt to see him in pain but she knew she had to finish it up: "Just one more time, okay...you're doing great..." She was surprised he didn't scream...those were open wounds and it must've hurt like hell. After that she basically patched up his whole arm as there was no use in trying to just bandage the scars he had made recently.

"Stay seated for a few more minutes while I clean up a bit...you lost some blood and I don't want you to pass out or something...", she did her best to sound like she knew what she was talking about but she really didn't. "You...you shouldn't have to do that...", he mumbled, hugging his knees. She handed him a glass of water and briefly brushed through his hair with her fingers: "Don't worry, okay? Just let me do that real quick...and drink something." She then grabbed the already bloody towel and cleaned the floor before soaking it in the bathtub, so the bloodstains would come off. "See? Finished already...let's get some clean clothes...can you get up?" He nodded slightly, pulling himself up. He looked a bit shaky but at least she was quite sure he wouldn't pass out or something. When they were back in the main room, she went through his suitcase, handing him a fresh shirt and some sweatpants. "Can I borrow one of your shirts?", she asked as she didn't want to leave the room right now, scared that he might do it again. He seemed too exhausted to question her decision to stay, so he just nodded. She quickly grabbed one of his Nirvana shirts and put it on before sitting down on the bed next to him: "Damiano...I know this might be embarrassing or uncomfortable for you but we gotta talk about this. And there is no use in trying to avoid it. I know that and you do too."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey ;)

I hope you like this chapter...I am doing my best to keep it as "real" as possible. I don't want to make it overly dramatic, so I think it's pretty good for now.

Thanks for reading.

- Thalia