Chapter 14

It was only 5 in the morning but Victoria was wide awake...and so was Damiano. She hadn't slept at all that night and he had woken up about half an hour ago. She knew this was the perfect opportunity to talk about everything again, so she turned to her side, still covered with a blanket, facing him: "We need to figure something out...I mean...I know that's probably not something you want but I would like to share rooms from now on. I know I can't stop you from doing...you know...at least not immediately...but I would like to be close...just in case..." She wasn't sure how he would react to that. "I would rather not do that...", he admitted, sounding extremely tired. "...but I know you...and I know you won't leave me alone until I agree...but I have one favor to ask: You have to keep your own room...I...well...I don't want the others to know." That sounded more than fair to her. "Yeah...yeah, we can definitely do that...", she agreed with a slight smile, getting up. "I want to clean your arm again before I go over to my room..." He sat up, going through his hair with his hand: "Why? Can't you just leave it alone...?" She shook her head, taking his hand and pulling him to his feet: "No, I can't leave it alone...I don't want it to get infected, that's why..." He sighed, following her to the bathroom: "You really don't have to...it has never gotten infected." "Because you took care of it..." After that he stayed quiet, not looking at her...that's when it clicked: "You never took care of it...right?" No answer. "Okay...you were lucky it didn't get infected. From now on, we're gonna take care of it, whether you like it, or not.", she clearly wouldn't accept any kind of objection to that. She made him sit down on the toilet seat, carefully taking the bandage of. It didn't look good...the scars were red and a bit swollen but she didn't know if that was normal or not. She noticed how he looked away. "It's...it's disgusting...", he sounded so embarrassed. She had also noticed how he always said it instead of scars or self harm, so she did the same as she figured saying it out loud made him uncomfortable.

After cleaning his arm again and patching him up, she left to pack her stuff. At 9 AM, they all met in front of the bus and the journey could begin. It wouldn't be a long drive...4 or 5 hours, depending on the traffic. As always, they were just hanging out in the front lounge, listening to music. She acted normal, so nobody would get suspicious but she looked over to Damiano every once in a while to check on him. He was acting like everything was alright, joking with the others and while Thomas and Ethan seemed to buy it, it seemed rather unconvincing to Victoria, now that she knew the truth. "So...what is the plan for tonight...should we just go and check out the city?", Thomas asked. They usually had the same schedule: 1st night was nothing to do, 2nd and 3rd night they played concerts and the 4th day they could just use for themselves. "Nah...let's just hang out in the hotel. We can check the city out when we have our day off.", Damiano suggested. He probably didn't feel like going out.

Later on, Victoria was just listening to music. Damiano had gone for a phone call again and even though she was worried because she still suspected that his current condition had something to do with those phone calls, she needed to give him some space. Yes, she would stay with him at night but she couldn't just listen to his phone calls or follow him around all day long. She would just have to hope that he didn't do anything to himself again...and if he did that she would be able to find out and help. It just seemed so surreal...just a day ago she wouldn't have ever imagined that he was suffering that much...and now all she could think about was how to help him. She was aware that it would be hard because they had never had an emotional relationship like that but now they had to and even though it was a bit weird and awkward, she would just have to get used to hugging and soothing him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey ;)

I'm pretty busy today so there's only one chapter but I'll definitely update again tomorrow. I hope you still like it and as always, I would love to hear your opinions in the comments. Feel free to follow me as well because I will definitely try to write more fanfictions in the future.

Thanks for reading :)

- Thalia