Chapter 19

During the concert, she kept her distance to the rest of the guys, still avoiding looking at Damiano. The fans didn't seem to notice but even without watching him, she could definitely feel that he was more broken than ever: He didn't move around as much, didn't seem that hyper and overall sounded like he was about to cry. But it wasn't her fault, right? He was depressed anyway...it literally didn't matter whether or not she was there for him. Or had she made everything worse by leaving him even though she had known exactly how vulnerable he was at the moment? Questions over questions and no answers at all. It was hard to actually go through with the concert as she was permanently distracted, so she was very relieved when it was finally over.

She tried to ignore the fact that Damiano downed half a bottle of Whiskey when they walked into the dressing room. That couldn't be healthy. What if he got alcohol poisoning or did something stupid because he was drunk? Maybe she should just leave her pride behind and talk to him. No, that was stupid...he wouldn't do that either, so why should she? He was an adult, so he could take care of himself...he knew what he was doing, right? "Yeah right, Vic...that's why he was cutting his fucking arms with a razor blade...because he cam take care of himself so damn well...", her inner voice told her. She was extremely torn apart but what could she do? She would just have to stick with her decision and in a few days or weeks, this whole ignoring him thing would be normal. But did she even want that to become normal? No, of course not...but she also didn't want to crawl back to him after what she had said. That would only make her look weak and that was the last thing she wanted to be portrayed as.

Ethan's words were lingering in her head. Was she really selfish for ending that friendship? It was way harder than she had thought it would be...especially now that she knew that Ethan didn't have her back. Why was she the evil queen now when Damiano was the one who had physically hurt her? Of course, Ethan didn't know about that but he had said I don't care what he did to you, so his opinion probably wouldn't change even if he knew. She rolled to her side, grabbing her phone from the nightstand to check the clock: 3.25 in the morning. She groaned annoyed. Another sleepless night because of Damiano. How many of them had she had in the past week alone? Way too many, and for what? For her to be called a selfish backstabber. Great...really fucking great. She closed her eyes, taking some deep breaths in order to make herself fall asleep. It didn't work though...her thoughts just didn't leave her alone. A few minutes later, everything got even worse. They were on the ground floor of the hotel, so every room had a small garden...and someone was outside now. Of course, it was Damiano. Who else would be crying outside at that time? She closed her eyes, holding back the tears while listening to his desperate sobs. She wanted to go outside, hug him and just be there for him but at the same time she was scared. She knew he would never hurt her on purpose but what if he snapped again? No, she wouldn't crawl back to him just because he was crying. By now, she was crying too and nobody came to check on her either, so why would she sacrifice her pride or even safety for that? Deep down, she knew it wasn't fair to think like that...Damiano was depressed and needed to cry in order to let the emotions out...she was just crying because it was hard to hear him like that. She got up, slowly walking towards the door, listening to his quiet sobs...it seemed like he was holding back a lot. She was extremely tempted to just go outside and comfort him but she managed to stop herself. She took a shaky breath, closed the door, to shut out his crying and went back to bed. It was better for both of them...and still, she felt like she was making a horrible mistake.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey ;)

Another chapter will come a little later because I definitely want you guys to hear how the story continues ;)

Do you think she should have gone outside to comfort him? Do you think he is crying because of her or is there a completely different reason? Make sure to share your opinions in the comments because I love reading them.

Thanks for reading.

- Thalia