Chapter 20

The next day seemed to be even worse. Damiano looked miserable even though he tried to conceal it and Victoria felt extremely guilty for not going outside to comfort him the night before...but she had to stick to her decision...there was no other way. Ethan was just glaring at her from time to time, his eyes having an angry or even worse, a disappointed glimmer to them. Maybe he was right and she was nothing more than a selfish backstabber who didn't care about other people's feelings. But who cared about her feelings? He had hurt her with his words...hell, he had even hurt her physically. And where was the compassion for that?

The day passed as if she was in a trance. None of the others tried to talk to her, so she just stayed by herself, listening to music or texting with people. It wasn't nice though as she was used to always being around them and talking to them about everything. Once again, she noticed how horrible Damiano looked during the concert. There was no nicer way of saying it...he looked like shit. His eyes were red and puffy, he looked like he hadn't slept in at least 2 days he had no energy left whatsoever. But once again, the fans didn't seem to notice. They just fell for his unconvincing act. Either they really were oblivious to things like that or they chose to ignore it. Victoria guessed it was the second option because literally nobody could be stupid enough to not see how broken and depressed he was and she knew from experience that sometimes people chose to not see certain things in order to protect themselves. After all, she hadn't been different when she had first noticed that something was going on with Damiano. Gosh, she should really stop thinking about him but her mind seemed to be filled with nothing but him. It was probably her guilty conscience. She shouldn't have walked away that night but now she couldn't change it anymore. What's done is done, right?

Another sleepless night...to her pleasure, they had the next day off, so at least she could rest a bit then. But why was it so damn hard for her to sleep lately? Why couldn't she just shut her thoughts out like every other normal person? She didn't want to think about him non stop...she just wanted to live in peace but that seemed to be impossible. She checked her phone: 1.45 in the morning. The night seemed to be endless. When she heard Damiano walk out into the garden, where he broke down in held back sobs again, she almost screamed in frustration. How was she supposed to just ignore that? It sounded absolutely heartbreaking...the way he was sobbing while seemingly doing his best to be quiet. Her gut feeling told her that he had hurt himself again...it was only an assumption but she just had this lingering feeling that he had done it. Her whole body felt heavy and it was like someone was clutching her heart, making it ache a little. She closed her eyes, just listening to him, hoping that it would be over soon but with every passing second it became more and more unbearable and brought her to the verge of tears as well. It wasn't supposed to be like that...all of this was so wrong. She was meant to be outside, comforting him and soothing him until he was feeling better but instead she was in her bed, playing the victim while in reality she was a selfish bitch. No, she couldn't take it anymore. She got up and walked towards the door, which was cracked open. Now she heard him more clearly...it sounded like he had a hard time breathing in between the heavy sobs he clearly tried to keep down. He was holding back so much and knowing that part of this was her fault, made her feel sick. No, she had to do something, right? But then she would betray herself in a way because she would crawl back to a guy that had hurt her. She couldn't allow herself to be that weak...but then, again...he definitely needed her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey ;)

If you guys want to know how it continues, I could upload the next chapter before going to bed because I have a few chapters written in advance:)

Do you think she's gonna go outside? And if she does, what's going to happen? Let me know what you think in the comments.

As always, thank you for reading.

- Thalia