Chapter 27

About a week later, everything was still the same. He occasionally disappeared for a few hours with his phone and came back completely broken. Victoria hadn't been able to bring up the courage to follow him though...that would be an invasion of his privacy, so she decided not to...she couldn't deny how curious she was though. Well, at least she had managed to keep him away from hurting himself...well...almost. There had been an incident or two but other than that everything was going quite alright...well, as alright as something could go for a guy with severe issues like that. She was pretty comfortable with hugging and comforting him now, so even though she still had lots of self doubt, she managed just fine.

It was after a concert and they were just about to go to bed, when his phone rang again. "I gotta pick it up...I'll be right back.", she didn't know if that was just her overthinking but he sounded kinda scared. He left the room and this time, she didn't stay behind. She grabbed her shoes and followed him as quiet as possible, only to see that he had put his phone away again. What the hell was going on? She had always been sure that the phone calls were the reason for his issues...or at least part of it because he had phoned in the bus for a pretty long time as well, so it confused her a lot that he had just put his phone away. She followed him outside of the hotel...the air was warm and humid but the streets were pretty empty, so it was quite hard for her to not get noticed by him. He seemed to be lost in his thoughts though, not paying any attention to her. He put a cigarette between his lips, lighting it. He seemed nervous...no, anxious was the better description. Victoria herself was filled with anxiety...what the fuck was going on? What would she see if she continued following him? It could be all or nothing. With this secret mission she could either uncover all of his secrets or find out nothing at all. She was thinking about just going back but once again she remembered her mothers words "better risk it being nothing than regretting that it was something". Yes, by now she knew she needed to follow her feelings...it was for the sake of Damiano. She knew how hard it was for him to ask for help, so sometimes it was necessary to invade his privacy in order to keep him safe or help him out. They slowly got away from the main streets, now walking through dark, sketchy looking alleys. "Oh my god...is he doing drugs?", that question immediately popped into her mind but she couldn't imagine that. Damiano would never do something like that. No, it had to be something else, right? But then again, that would explain everything. Withdrawal could make you depressed...and it would explain the long phone calls and disappearances. She shook her head...that just couldn't be true. But what if it was? Would that make things better or worse? It could be better because a withdrawal couldn't be that hard, right? But she knew it was hard to get away from drugs, so it wouldn't be great either. She didn't know what she wanted it to be. Before she could think about it more, though, he entered a pretty dark looking hotel. It didn't look dirty but it also didn't look like a good place. It just had bad energy to it. Maybe she was really going crazy now...how could a building have bad vibes? She followed him inside, the receptionist didn't pay any attention to either of them. She followed him through the dark and empty corridors...not a soul was around. It looked spooky...the perfect place for a drug deal or even worse. She made sure to stay hidden behind corners and in the shadows, seeing spiders occasionally. Nope, that definitely wasn't a place she wanted to be in. She got chills and really wanted to leave but she didn't. She encouraged herself to move on...for him. What if he needed her, right? And before she could even try to react, he disappeared into a room, locking the door behind himself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey ;)

So, what do you think? Who is he meeting behind that door? And what are they going to do? Do you think it was a good decision for her to follow him? Will his secret be revealed soon? Let me know what you think in the comments :)

Thanks for reading.

- Thalia