Chapter 47

"Damiano!", she screamed, tears almost choking her up as she stumbled towards him, falling down onto her knees. "Ethan! Ethan quick! I need towels...and...and water...fuck I don't know...bandages. Bring me whatever you can find and hurry!", she yelled, tears blurring her vision as she pressed her hands onto the deep wound on his wrist. Not much blood was on the floor, so she figured that she had come right on time...if they acted quick enough and they were fortunate, they probably wouldn't even need a hospital. She was honestly more worried about his emotional damage than the physical one. "It's gonna be okay, it's gonna be okay...", she mumbled, pressing onto his bleeding wound. He looked at her, heavy sobs shaking his body. "I'm sorry, Vic...I'm so sorry...I fucked everything up again." Ethan finally reached her side, handing her towels which she immediately pressed onto his bleeding wrist. That's when she looked up for the first time again, seeing Thomas standing in the door. He was pale, tears now glimmering in his eyes as well...he looked extremely guilt ridden. "Ethan, press the towel onto his wrist. Make sure to apply enough pressure...that way he loses less blood.", she had read some things – luckily – just in case anything like that would ever happen. He nodded – he was clearly distressed but he seemed to have enough emotional strength to not cry. She got up, her legs being so shaky, almost causing her to fall down, partly also because of the movements of the bus. She went to Thomas, gently touching his shoulder. Yes, she was mad at him for saying what he had said but he was the youngest of their group and he was clearly traumatized by the situation. "I...I'm so sorry, Vic...I...I never meant for this to happen...I don't want him to die...", he sobbed, tears now gradually making their way down his cheeks. "Hey, hey...it's alright. I know you didn't mean it...he's not gonna die, I promise and we can talk about all this later but for now we need to focus on him...", she soothed, feeling horrible for Thomas as well. "Can I...can I do anything to help?", he asked quietly. She wiped her cheeks in an attempt to dry them, though that attempt was absolutely useless but still, she nodded: "Go to my backpack and grab the small red box...it's like an emergency kit. And get him a glass of water...he needs to stay hydrated.", after that she took Ethan's position again. "I'm gonna have a look now, Angel...it's all gonna be okay.", she removed the towel. It was still bleeding but she was relieved to see that even though it was pretty deep, they had come just in time to save him. Of course, she knew that it would probably be better to take him to a hospital but she was also aware of the fact that they could somehow handle it themselves. She took a fresh towel and made it wet so she could clean the skin around the cut. He was trembling uncontrollably but she needed to clean him up first before she could go and comfort him. Of course, she could have asked Ethan or Thomas to do either one of the things for her but she didn't want to. They had probably never cleaned a cut at all and she just knew that he wouldn't let them comfort him. "You're doing a great job, Angel...don't forget to breathe for me, okay? You're doing real good.", she made sure to praise him and show him that she wasn't upset with him. Meanwhile she grabbed the disinfectant that Thomas had handed her, spraying it on his open wound. He let out an agonizing sob...of course, it hurt. But it had to be done.

"Good job, Angel...we're all done.", she said as she had finished patching him up. Things needed to change, she knew that but they would have enough time to talk about that later...now, she needed to comfort him and just be there for him. He hadn't stopped crying...if anything it had gotten worse. "I messed up so badly...I fucked everything up...for me, for you...and for us as a band. I...I'm so sorry.", he sounded so choked up and his voice was cracking and shaking. It was hard to not start crying again herself but she managed somehow and instead pulled him into her embrace, holding him close: "It's okay. You didn't fuck up...but you are lucky we entered and that the cut wasn't deep enough to kill you immediately.", those words were so hard to say but she knew they needed to be out there. His sobs got worse after that and he was clinging onto her as if his life depended on it: "I know...I'm so sorry...I didn't mean to...I...I...fuck...I...I guess I...I overreacted." She gently placed a kiss on his head, caressing his back which was drenched in cold sweat: "It's not your fault. I got you, Angel...I got you. Just let everything out...that's really important right now." By now, Ethan and Thomas were just sitting on the ground next to them, quietly observing them, while Ethan kinda held Thomas' hand to comfort him as well. This was definitely a turning point for their friendship. She could clearly see the guilt in Thomas' tearful eyes. They definitely needed to sit down and talk about this as soon as possible. She could feel their eyes on her as she began to brush through his hair and whisper soothing things to him. He was an emotional mess and now she was convinced she would never ever leave his side again. Not even for a single second.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey ;)

Sorry, guys. This is a shorter chapter because - as I already said - I am kinda busy this weekend. I'll make it up to you, I promise.

Anyway, what do you think is the reason for Thomas' behaviour? Will they finally tell the whole truth to Ethan and Thomas? Let me know in the comments :)

Little side note: I know it would have been more realistic for them to go to a hospital but if there is one thing I don't like it is hospitals and so, I also don't like writing about them. I hope you can forgive me for that.

Thanks for reading.

- Thalia