Chapter 10

The walk back to the hotel was quite long and even though Victoria was constantly joking around with Thomas, she couldn't help but notice that Damiano was walking very distant to them. Maybe she was just making a big deal out of things that meant absolutely nothing because she knew he wasn't doing so great. He had been acting pretty normal all day but now something just seemed to be off. Maybe he had had a fight with his girlfriend. She was walking a bit behind him, so she could keep an eye on him. His posture was a bit strange too...his head was kinda held low and he was wearing sunglasses again, even though he didn't need them anymore. It definitely wasn't normal but she didn't want to be annoying, so she decided she would just leave him alone for a bit.

Once they were back at the hotel, she excused herself to her room, not joining Ethan and Thomas at the bar. She was talking to her mom on the phone, not mentioning anything about Damiano even though she really wanted to hear someone else's opinion on this whole situation...and from experience she knew that her mother always knew best but she couldn't just go around telling people that Damiano had some sort of problem because if he found out, that would break his trust completely. After her phone call, she did her usual night routine before just watching a Netflix show on her phone. After a while she got bored though...should she just go knock on Damiano's door? They could just hang out like they always did...listening to some music, maybe play a game or watch a movie. Just because he was kinda going through something didn't mean she had to treat him differently, right? What if he thought she was annoying though? No...he wouldn't, would he? Sometimes her insecurities really came through and it sucked. They had already been best friends for 6 years or something like that...surely, if he found her annoying he would have said that already, right? "Fuck it...", she thought, getting up. It was only 10.00 pm after all...there was plenty of time left to just hang out and chat a bit. She put on a pair of black shorts and a red tanktop before throwing her hair into a messy bun. Then she grabbed her phone and keys and left her room.

She knocked on the door...no reaction. Maybe he was asleep...no...she knew him too well...he wouldn't sleep that early. She knocked again...dead silence. Maybe he had gone out with the guys. She knocked one last time...nothing happened. She should just go back to her room...but something...something just told her not to. She grabbed her phone, texting him: Hey...I'm at your door. Nothing. She waited for five minutes...no answer to her text. Every normal person would have just left but her mind wouldn't let her. Maybe it was because he had been acting so weird while walking home...maybe just because she could tell that something was off. Fact was, she couldn't just leave even if she wanted to. She was probably overthinking all of that again...he was probably just out with Thomas and Ethan. But her gut feeling told her that it was something more serious than that. Maybe it was some sort of "female intuition" or some shit like that but her mom had always told her to listen to her feelings. "If you feel like there is something off, don't ignore it. You have to listen, because if you don't and it actually is something, you will regret it forever. Better take the risk of it not being anything than be sorry afterwards.", that's what her mother had told her...always...ever since she had been a child.

She should listen to that advice...she texted him again: Is everything okay? But again, she got no answer...he didn't even see it. Maybe his phone was off. She knocked one last time but the hopes for an answer were crushed. He didn't say anything and he didn't open the door. If the door wasn't locked she could just walk in...but should she really do that? Was it morally okay to just invade his privacy like that? On the other hand, they were a band...privacy basically didn't exist. And so she did, what would subsequently change her life forever: She opened the door and walked in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey ;)

I hope you like it. The next few chapters are gonna be intense, I can tell you :)

Again, just tell me what you think, I love reading your comments.

Thanks for reading.

- Thalia