5-Freedom At A Cost

Small note-please don't be surprised if some of the future parts are as long as this one. I promise it's worth it to read. Please let us know if there is any mistakes due to this being a lot for one part and don't forget to vote and comment (you can also dm if you want to)

This part takes place almost directly after part 4

Enjoy reading :3

Setting-Alleyway

L.O.T.H needed some time to think and being away from Zephyr for a little bit to process what had transpired.
He had just kissed and hugged someone, some stranger after seven years of executing officers, fighting and slaying heroes and villains. Scaring the populace in the name of the Purifierium and he had just kissed someone.

L.O.T.H frowned to himself as he looked down at the spot where Tom's dead body once rested in the alleyway. The last time he ever fell in love with someone before everything became ice and misery...
The area where L.O.T.H was at became colder with icicles forming above him on bars and windows.
He crossed his arms and leaned against the wall.

Alexander Seto came across the alleyway. He felt an incredible chill then he examined the temperature of the surrounding area and it was certainly warmer. The explanation to this anomaly would most likely be found when he investigated the individual in the alley. As he walked forward through the alleyway his sand cloak encased his body in a line of protection in case this turned violent.

The cybernetic living super-weapon heard footsteps as his HUD warned him of the nearby life form. Any civilian that could have been here before was long gone already, too afraid to meet the infamous murdering cyborg themselves.

So it had to be somebody with super-powers.
The ones he is meant to fight and cause their battles to damage the city. It was for the Purity of Mankind to send a message to the people through their living super-weapons that super-powered people can't be trusted with their powers. The masked cyborg glanced at the villain slightly though he didn't move or attack yet.

L.O.T.H. had changed in behavior since interacting with Zephyr. He was longer as hostile or aggressive but still warily and observant. Most villains would wish to take his title of being one of the veteran infamous killers of Sota City for themselves while Heroes tried to arrest him. Vigilantes also had also tried to kill him for his crimes.

He spoke through a modulated voice, which sounded mechanical and computerized.
"Yes?"

"I had no idea some sort of robot was the cause of this chill I'm feeling out of the alley. I'm Set of the sands." He spoke rather calmly, not being put off by the mechanical creature.

L.O.T.H glanced up and noticed one of the icicles fully formed on a bench to an apartment. Sometimes he barely noticed this happen as much anymore. Being away from Zephyr made him miss his fire, his warmth, his freedom.

"Yeah...me neither."
L.O.T.H muttered to himself before looking at Set again.

"I'm a cyborg. Are you a fan of the ancient Egyptians?"
Last time he knew, Set was one of the Egyptian gods. Such knowledge barely mattered to the cyborg anymore, it didn't help him in battles or surviving.

"I do take some inspiration in my naming from an Egyptian deity. Do you by chance know what he is the god of?"
As Set spoke his tone lit up more as he was getting into this conversation.