10- A Scar And A Distant Memory

Just a heads up this part gets a small bit spicy but not by much. Please vote and comment if you like this part thx :3

○●○●Setting-Zephyr's house

At first, Alex wasn't sure how he could open the door, he looked at Zephyr and then back at the door.
"Is it locked, Zephyr? I don't know if you left a key here or if you lost it."

"There is one under the doormat."
He had his hand on his side where the wound was at but it didn't help much.

Alex nodded, he then descended and leaned down, removing the mat, retrieving the key, and unlocking it. Opening the door, he walked inside looking around as he spotted a bed, so he proceeded to go there, letting go of Zephyr and placing him on the bed gently. Then he went to close the door only to then fall onto the floor.

It was quite the fall due to the weight and design of his legs but he intently focused on keeping himself cool, ice was forming around his body as he pulled himself in a ball like position, he tore his helmet off, throwing it off of himself. His legs don't curl up though due to them not being made for that.

"Alex?"
Zephyr sat up slightly. As he sat up his suit made a click sound and he was able to pull off the glove on his right hand. He quickly pulled the rest of the suit off and was able to breathe and move normally without the heat. He had a shirt and pants on under the suit but they would be soaked with blood and sweat making them stick to him.

Alex was forming some sort of protection dome around himself, it wasn't large, but it showed his desperation. He doubted there was a freezer in here large enough for him, so he had to think of something.

They must have switched the suits off, he didn't realize they could do that. But why?

As he struggled to keep his body cool he realized the answer didn't matter. The suit was useless now, and unless he could find a way to switch the freezing system back on. He needed to take it off.

He started by removing his gauntlets, then his shoulder pads and the chest pieces of his armor.
He ripped them off, breaking it apart. Machines were more effective in removing them. So he can't really put it back on again like it used to be.

Zephyr grabbed a med kit and began to make a temporary bandage. The wound looked worse then it actually was so it didn't need stitches but was bleeding quite a lot. He finished and wrapped it with a bandage changing his shirt then went over to Alex with worry.
"They must have shut off the suits."

Alex looked up at Zephyr through the ice dome, he nodded weakly, he had taken most of the armor pieces off of his bare chest that were filled with battle scars. He was breathing shallowly, as if focusing on his breathing a lot to preserve his energy. Most of the armor pieces on his stubs and hips were still attached to him though.
"They...must have decided to not take any chances with us..."
He said in a weak tone.

"I need to get it colder in here. You'll die without the suit."
Zephyr had a worried expression and tone then stood up and turned the temperature down in the house, keeping his hand on his waist where his injury was at.

Alex nodded in thanks, as he continued to struggle to take off the bottom bits of his armor, the pieces of the suit surrounded his frail body. The cooler temperature of the room helped him maintain his control over the freezing ice that protected him from the sun's heat from the windows. He looked back up at Zephyr, a few tears in his eyes.