18-Freak Out

Setting- Zephyr's house
Zephyr had all the time in the world to watch the video footage from the helmet of L.O.T.H while Alex was busy trying to get back with unpleasant knowledge.

Zephyr was sitting on the couch watching the footage. He had decided to stay home that day as he felt lazy. He was wearing his favorite red sweater and black sweatpants.

Things happen as before, with the trio fighting Purifiers and then defeating the three super weapons before they continue walking to the archives.

L.O.T.H. wasn't able to see beyond the door or any defenses that the archives could have; many screens and monitors were just a couple of directions, with top-secret documents being in different areas. At least, Alex hoped it was that simple. When he felt Zephyr's hand on his shoulder, he then became more anxious. The feeling only grew once he looked at the masked half-demon he came to like. Alex wasn't sure if he was really ready or not. He didn't know what the Admiral had in store for him. He knew the man shouldn't be underestimated but he had to find out who Tom was.

Still Alex couldn't shake this feeling. He was worried what would happen if he went in, leaving Zephyr alone.

L.O.T.H. slowly turned around to face him.

His fear of being abandoned or lost was taking its toll on the cyborg. He slowly reached up, putting his hands on his helmet. A beep sound was heard, and oxygen left the helmet as he slowly took it off. If this was going to be the last time he sees Zephyr he wanted to do this as Alex Castello. He looked down, slightly shaking. Alex didn't care for what Set was thinking. The Admiral already revealed his name to the sand user. He wasn't going to waste this moment.

"Z-Zephyr...I don't know what is gonna happen..."
Showing vulnerability and insecurity in his soft voice. The helmet's camera would be below Zephyr and Alex as Zephyr comforts him with reassurance. His eyes would soften behind the mask as Zephyr looked at Alex.

"It's okay, we came here to find out about Tom and that's what we'll do. No matter what happens we will succeed and get out of this together."
Zephyr's voice would be smooth, shaking a few times. Even though he was also scared he didn't want to show it.

Zephyr was balled up with a blanket over him watching the footage. He remembered this like it was just yesterday and it terrified him at the thought of turning into that thing.

Alex's head slowly goes up to stare at Zephyr's red eyes, it was odd that such an intimidating-looking color would also have such soft eyes, he loved the white hair that almost covers the top half of Zephyr's mask. Alex's eyebrows scrunched up slightly, he knew Zephyr was right. He hoped so.

"I-"
He paused for a moment, trying to think of a response before saying to Zephyr with a shaky voice.

"I care about you, a lot. So many years of being stuck down here without doing missions or killing. It...it left me with not much of a social life. No one here gave a damn. I'm...I'm glad that I have met you, Zephyr. You gave me a reason to free myself from this place. Thank you..."

"And you're my reason too."
Zephyr replied softly to him.

"Can we just go through the damn door already?"
Set would say impatiently, the same guy who had abandoned them at the facility.

Zephyr smiled at how soothing Alex's voice sounded at the time then his smile faded when Set piped up. He sat up on the couch and thought he had seen something from the corner of his eye. He looked only for it to be just a plant, maybe he was just Paranoid from watching the footage. He shook off the feeling and continued to watch.