11-A New Beginning

○●○●Setting-Zephyr's house

Zephyr was sitting on the couch as he had just finished cleaning up his room from the other day and was watching TV. Books sat on the table in front of him.

Alex sighed in relief as he opened the door and closed it behind him. He knew going out was a risk but it needed to be done, Which wasn't for long though.

"Hey Zephyr! I wasn't out for long, was I?"
He said, not seeing Zephyr in his now clean room, he must be in the living room. Being here while operating on the suits is essential, but so is keeping watch outside, or finding help. He knew ultimately that there are only two of them. Against an entire organization of power haters.

"Welcome back, I cleaned up the mess in my room and got some books from the library to fix your legs."
Zephyr pointed to the books on the table in front of the couch.

Alex was down the hall, he saw Zephyr on the couch. Who pointed his finger directly at the table in front of him.
As Alex processed, smiling he then approached the couch, touching Zephyr's shoulder and lightly squeezing it in gratitude.

"Thanks, Zephy. I promise this won't happen too often, me going out. I know that is dangerous but I made sure to not go out when the sun appears. So it's only temporary."
Alex then looked at the TV and had a surprised look on his face. The news showed a portal of two ships coming out, one red ship was falling with a black one behind it in the skies earlier on this day.
"Woah, did this just happen?"

"Happened a few hours ago. Apparently they are from a different world or something."
Zephyr sat forward and opened one of the books which had a paper and pen in it and read a page, flipped it then wrote something down.

Alex sat next to Zephyr, His mind was blown at this discovery. He thought he experienced everything.

"Damn, so since the Admiral and the Purifiers probably still think we're dead. Would it be likely this would keep most of their attention from us?"
He then looked at Zephyr, writing down a couple of notes from one of the books. It had a page of a cybernetic schematic of a foot.

"Most likely. If their attention is focused on the ships then we can use the parts from the suits without being tracked."
Zephyr flipped a few pages then wrote something down.

"Oh yeah, that too. My...old legs were ripped apart by N.I.C.G. So I guess you mean the freezing system in my suit. Not sure how it can be taken out to be honest. Back then, for me, it would have been an unnecessary risk to my own life but I guess times have changed now. We'd probably have to remove the worse parts, and rearrange it so it doesn't potentially become a risk. So, would the ships also likely add to our own problems? Not sure where they are now, but if it means more trouble for us. Then it's not worth seeking them out."
Alex shrugged at the television, he then took an unopened book and opened it, reading the geography.

"Yeah, that will be difficult to do. We can try to recreate them without the painful parts."
Zephyr sits back on the couch and takes a drink from his pop that was on the table.

Alex nodded, turning a couple of pages, he didn't have a paper or pencil like Zephyr did, so he simply surveyed the first chapter.
"Have you been okay while I was gone for a bit? I went out to shop."

"Yeah but it was pretty lonely."
Zephyr said with a sad tone.

"I'm sorry, I'll try not to leave often."
Alex touched one of Zephyr's horns and rubbed it affectionately. His tone was a bit sad.

Zephyr blushed and then smiled as he glanced at Alex slightly.
"Thanks."

Alex smiled softly in return. Zephyr was doing so much for him, he didn't deserve him after what Alex ended up putting him through...He then looked at the notes, and then at his new legs.