Chapter 9: The start of Chunin exams

A/n: HI Guys I know some of yall think I did the chapter out of order but I rewatched the Naruto episode where they meet Gaara.  Kakashi sensei tells them about the Chunin Exams, so I'm going in order.  Also, I'm going to change your last name to Uzumaki since you hiding from Orochimaru 

Y/n POV: I was in bed thinking about Gaara till I remembered the dream I had. it's been a long time since I had a nightmare. What Tamaki said repeats in my head. what does she mean the snake is working with Ninjas? is she talking about Orchinmaru? but how could he? I should have my guard up just in case. I should probably tell the Hokage but I don't want them to go in lockdown. I will keep it secret for now. I bite my finger and wrote on my arm. I summoned the necklace that my sister gave me. even though she abandoned me. I still want to find her and ask why she killed our clan? why she gave me up to Orochimaru?. I was thinking hard till I heard a big thump I look below me and I see naruto on the ground. he probably fell off the bunk bed. that's the reason why I always choose the button bunk. " Whiskers now you understand why I hate the top bunk". " Oh shut it Y/n". I start to laugh. I check the time. it was 6 am, I guess perfect timing. it was time to get up. I went to the bathroom washed my face, brushed my teeth, and worked on my hair. after I went to my closet and see what I can pair with Gaara shirt. I finally decided. I went to the kitchen and saw Whiskers making breakfast I sat down and started to read Icha Icha tactics good thing I use a different cover to hide what I'm reading. " Y/n I'm done". I looked down at what Whiskers cooked. It was ramen. " naruto". " Uh yeah, Y/n". " how many times do I have to tell you that ramen does not have any good nutrients...". " I Know Y/n but I had a bad morning so I decided to cheer myself up!". he did have a point. *sigh* " I guess I will let it slide this time". " Alright!!".  whiskers and I started to eat. it was really good though. We were done, we got ready and headed out to meet up with the team. we got to the meeting place. We were the first ones there. a couple of minutes went by and Sasuke showed up, a little after, Sakura. Now it was the waiting game. finally, Kakashi showed up. " sorry that I'm late guys.". everyone just sighed. " Today we don't have any missions but I recommended you guys to the Chunin exams, it's up to you guys to take the exam". That's why Gaara is here, to take the exam. if he's going then I go. " Alright, team you are all dismissed". Kakashi disappeared. 

" Y/n can we have a walk?" " Sure Sakura". " Hey!! can I join!". " No Naruto it's only girl to girl". " Okay.. well see you at home Y/n!" " See you later Whiskers!". I and Sakura are walking around till we decide to stop at a dumpling shop. we ordered. " So Sakura the thing you wanted to talk about is the chuin exam". " how did you know?". " will it's kinda obvious, by your facial expression and your body language". " Will I'm just worried that I will fail."." Sakura you should stop thinking you are weak just because some of your teammates know more than you, You should do the Exam for yourself, and even if you fail you will learn from the failure and use it to work on yourself. but that's your decision you can do it for yourself or your teammates it's up to you sakura.". are meals got here. I grab the hot sauce from my pouch and put some on my dumplings . " Geez Y/n even though I'm older I feel like I'm the Youngest.". I started to laugh. after we were done eating. we departed our ways. 

I headed home. I still have a couple of hours before the Chunin start. It's nap time!!!.  As I was walking home, I saw Gaara.  My face felt warm. I ran towards him. " Hey, Gaara!". Gaara turns around and looks at me. " What do you want Y/n". " I was just saying hi. that's all". Awkward silence.  It was kinda hard to start a conversation with someone who does not even want to look at you. " Hey Gaara, What's that thing you are carrying on your back?". " Will it's my  Sand gourd". " wow that's pretty cool, so you use it to carry it around when you don't have any sand with you right?". " Yes". " Hey, Gaara do you maybe want to have launched with m-". " AYEEE Y/n, It's your turn to make launch!!!!". Ugh, Whiskers needed to come at this time. As Whiskers started to walk closer to me the more madder he looked. he stood in front of me and Gaara. " No brows what are you doing to my little sister!!". Oh No, Whiskers is really mad. Gaara just look at naruto and disappeared. " That's right!! be afraid of me!!". Whiskers sticking up his fist. " God Naruto I was just saying Hi". " Will I don't care, You are my little sister so I need to protect you at all costs".  I just laughed since Whiskers always sees me as his little sis even though we are not blood-related. " Okay, Okay, you win this time Whiskers". " Also Y/n  have you decided to take the Chunin Exams?".  " of course, I'm going!!". " Alright!! Me too". I was really excited about the Exam because I'm able to show off my moves!! " Alright, Little sis let's go home and get ready for the Chunin Exams." Whiskers grab my hand. but my body pulled back. " Whiskers you know we are not blood-related right!". " Geez how many times do I have to say it!! we don't have to be blood-related to be family!!".  I stayed quiet.