Orphan2

*The story from here onwards will be mostly in Jin Ling's narration

An aromatic smell was present in the room. I noticed the origin of smell is from Jar which Ma has just opened. Feeding me a spoon of soup

"How is it? Tasty?"

It was delicious, indeed very delicious. I had never tasted anything like this before. Making sound for another sip, I smiled throwing my limbs.

She chuckled and said "You are too young to have spicy food. I will make for you when you are grown up"

"This is Wuxian's favourite. You know beside Jiang Cheng uncle your Ma has another brother. He is very jovial and loving. He will pamper you a lot."

After some time with a panic struck face uncle Yao entered

After some time with a panic struck face uncle Yao entered. He was stammering when he said "Brother, Brother Zixuan .....outside.....our soldiers have placed his dead body outside".

Running outside towards the gate, I felt suddenly Ma kneeling on ground. I was placed in her arms. I could hear her screech and feel the wetness as her tears rolling from cheeks dropped on my skin.

Life was changed. The palace that was once filled with cheerful noises and laughter was now turned to mourning silence. Still, I was not aware the worst is yet to come. For days Ma used to sit near Ba's tomb. My eyes searched for Ba but I was too young to understand where he went.

A few days later Madam Qin came and informed grandma that battle has started at Nightless City. All sects together will eradicate Yiling Patraich. Carrying me in her arms Ma was walking back and forth tapping my shoulders when she heard their conversation. Placing me on cradle she left. Lest did I know this was the last glimpse of her that I will hold in my memory forever.

My eyes searched you all day and nightI yelled, I cried to see your sight,Whenever I stopped, I eager to hear your chuckleAll in vain, I only heard sound of wind chimesWhoever came near, their eyes were filled with griefExpecting it to be you, not...

I yelled, I cried to see your sight,
Whenever I stopped, I eager to hear your chuckle
All in vain, I only heard sound of wind chimes
Whoever came near, their eyes were filled with grief
Expecting it to be you, not seeing you I could only sigh
I missed your smile, I missed you cuddle
That day I realized how is a life without a mother

-Jin Ling