Birthday

Today is my 5th birthday. There is a  grand celebration in Carp Tower. The entire palace is decorated with peonies. Red brocade carpets were laid down on street right from the main road which opened for events such as banquet hall till the Carp Tower.

The entrance of the tower was decorated with flowers. Inside the Banquet hall, painting of Ma holding me in her arms with Ba on her side was placed. The artistic beauty and the detailing of expressions portrayed by the painter were praised by everyone. With so many guests around I still felt that I am all alone.

I was staring at the portrait for a while and prayer slipped from my mouth "If Ma and Ba you cannot stay by my side then please send me a fairy that will fulfill my wish of forever friendship"

Kitchen is filled with multiple cuisines from lotus rib soup which is specialty of Yunmeng to Porks and Chicken in Non-Vegetarian. There were barrels of wine from all sect for all sect. Grandma looked regal in her new silk robe which had delicate embroidery in it. She ensured that the food is up to the mark and the kitchen is filled with all supplies in case of cooked food shortage. Grandpa made sure this to be the most spectacular occasion to be discussed in the future. To fulfill his wish, uncle Yao took all the responsibility to make it very special.

I was ecstatic looking at everyone's happy faces. My eyes were searching for Cheng uncle. He was yet to come. Jin Chan, his brother Jin Chao and few of his other friends came along. Looking towards me he criticized "Such an extraordinary party for a looser like you. Only because you are born to Jin Zixuan you get this overwhelming treatment. Without even proving your ability you will be made king. What a loss for Lanlinjin sect".

Filled with anger I retorted "Are you jealous? I can alone fight with all of you and break your ribs".

Uncle Yao saw us from afar and came towards us. "Young boys do you need something? Please feel comfortable and call me if you need any help. Young Master Jin you are being called inside. Come with me."

Inside the hall was Jin Rusong with his mother. He ran towards me, wrapped his hands around my waist. I kissed him on his forehead and he in return kissed me on my cheeks. This gesture had become our habit whenever we met. If I was alone then he too was without friends. He was weak and so aunty always protected him.

After the party uncle Yao brought a basket which was decorated with flowers. But what attracted more was the puppy placed inside it. Handing it to me he simple said "It is your birthday gift!"

"What would you name it young master?"

I had no name. I never thought about this gift. I looked towards Rusong even he was clueless. I told I will need time to come with a beautiful name.

Placing it in my arms I was roaming showing it to everyone. Standing in front of my father's mural, I confessed my happiness. 

A young boy of 2-3 years older than me was standing under the peony tree. He looked so beautiful as if an angle has graced his appearance on my birthday party. He came towards me and started playing with the puppy.

"Hey it is so cute. It is as cute as rabbits at our place"

Jin Chan came with some weapons in his hands "So you want to fight?" But what happened next was beyond my expectation. The puppy jumped from my hands started barking aloud opening its mouth to bite Jin Chan. That day I knew I met my fairy who will be always there for my defense.

When I turned around the boy had disappeared. On searching further, I got a glimpse of that boy leaving the party with Zewu-jun

I was sitting on a bench playing with Fairy whenJiang uncle came towards me. It is very few occasions in which you will find him smiling. Looking at fairy placed in my arms his lips twitched upwards automatically.

He told "Even I have a gift for you. This will protect you from evil spirits". I thought inwardly "This cannot be. Is this the most special birthday of mine? Will he gift me Zidian?"

He removed a pouch from his pocket. It had embroidery of lotus in it made with golden strings. Drawing the string, he took out a silver bell which had stones embedded in it. He said "Ring this bell when spirits are nearby. This will protect you from them".

With no friends around, being alone sometimes felt scaryIn you I found friend, companion and guide, today was the day when I met my Fairy

In you I found friend, companion and guide, today was the day when I met my Fairy

-Jin Ling