Uncle Yao

Scared of uncle's reaction, I left for Lanlingjin.

Sitting on a swing in blooming garden, I thought how I could have performed much better. Suddenly, I felt someone is pushing my swing. Getting up I bow down "Uncle Yao!". Both of us take a walk inside the garden.  

Meng Yao - "Young master, you look upset?"

Me - "I lost. I was not able to win my life's first night hunt"

Meng Yao - "I heard no one won. The goddess was killed by Wen Ning. So, how did you loose if there is no winner?"

He always makes me feel better. Where uncle Jiang always shouted, uncle Yao made me comfortable with his calm and composed nature.

Me - "Was it really Wen Ning? Is the murderer still alive?"

Meng Yao - "He was dead long back. But, now if people are claiming to see him definitely we need to take some action. Tomorrow Zewu-Jun is coming to Lanlingjin. Hanguang-Jun must have already informed him about this."

After grandpa's death Zewu-Jun and Nei Huisang are the ones who regularly visited uncle here. The only difference was one met to offer help and the other to seek help.

"I shall discuss the matter in detail with him. If the rumors are true then we shall hold a council meeting to set up a strategy to destroy Wen Ning's existence."

He stood up and asked one of his disciples to open the carriage path. Nodding his head he gestured me to follow him. The carriage path told stories of Jin Clan cultivators. The path was covered with murals and reliefs telling their individual stories. He took me towards murals where my fathers and Uncles were placed adjacent to each other. Pointing to one of my father's paintings he said this is when he was inside Xuanyu cave. He didn't slaughter the beast but it tells story of his survival, leadership, support to other clans, courage, decisiveness. To the left were four murals of uncle himself - "disclosure, assassination's, oath and kind austerity. 

We shall get painted your first night hunt experience tomorrow. I heard how you showed courage and fought bravely with the goddess beast and the ghost general Wen Ning. Before leaving he turned towards me, "Young master, you will get ample of opportunities to prove yourself. There is no other heir to this kingdom. I believe you. I know you are able. You will definitely prove yourself to be the right claim". With those inspiring words he left.

I was short tempered, I lost hope soon
I am glad Uncle Yao, I at least had you

You gifted me fairy, You understood my pain
Your calm and motivating words always were a boon

-Jin Ling