Yuan's Personal Diary

Waking up I see Yuan is not next to me. I thought about the letter that he read yesterday. It was words which came straight from my heart. I never read it. May be I might be sounding very stupid.

I opened his closet to search the letter. In these years I definitely obeyed one Gusu policy of not interfering in others personal space especially when it comes to someone's personal closet. I still dont understand when we have so many cupboards then why does he still cramps everything in one single place. It's not that I have never broken any rules and we are not as well in Gusu. Opening his closet my eyes went on his drawings. My lips automatically twitched upwards. If I open any of these then it will definitely take me an entire day mesmerizing each of them. Ignoring them I glanced at other corner where books were kept. We have so many rooms and even a library. I don't understand why he still keeps it all in one place. Going through his books I found another treasure – No, not an adult book but his personal book.

Over so many years I never knew Yuan has habit of writing a personal book. If Yuan finds me peeking into his stuff then he is obviously going to get annoyed. But, now when I know this and I am not a Lan to withhold all desires balancing it on scale of right and wrong.

Opening the book I saw my letter kept safely on its first page.

Turning few pages I stopped at one page.

Title: Oath

I took oath to follow principles and rules of Gusu as Lan Qiren handed me my forehead ribbon. Jingyi said he got his ribbon when he was born and he dont remember taking any oath. His forehead ribbon was also different than mine. Mine is plain white and his with cloud prints on it. I went to Hanshi to ask Zewu-Jun why there is discrimination between two when all should be treated equally as per Gusu rules. Zewu-Jun made me sit on his lap and then cleared my doubt. He said Hanguang-Jun and Zewu-Jun wanted an angel in their life. With their frequent prayers god gifted them me. We yearned for you and so you are named Sizhui. However, there was delay in the timeline when they met me so I got my forehead ribbon late. I am an angel with a pure heart and no malice in it. So, my ribbon is also plain white with no prints on it. He was right. I always knew Jingyi has malice in his heart. He is so mischievous. With my sudden remark he burst out loud in laughter. When I too laughed, he placed his fingers on his lips – "Laughing loudly is restricted in Gusu".

I smiled reading his innocence.

Turning few more pages I stopped at

Title - Visit to Lanlingjin

"Today its first time Zewu-jun asked me out. We both went together to Lanlingjin. It was so much different than Gusu. I felt like I have stepped in paradise. Everything was lavish with countless number of cuisines presented on table, heavy embellished attire worn by everyone, lights in lanes which covered almost entire sect. Nobody shouted at me for shaking the Peony tree and collecting few flowers which fell on ground. I was busy shaking the tree when I saw a prince dressed in golden robes with high pony tail playing with a dog. He looked so beautiful. I felt as if everything paused surrounding both of us. My heart palpitated with each step I took towards him. He looked so happy playing with his dog as if Hanguang-Jun is playing with rabbits. I just felt like seeing him for ever playing with the dog. When I reached towards him he was called by his friends. I wanted to ask his name but I missed. When he was busy talking with them Zewu-Jun called me and I had to leave. Before going out Zew-Jun pointed at him and told me his name. It was his birthday; he is the birthday boy - Jin Ling

When we reached Gusu the sky glittered with lanterns covering the sky. It was late and all disciples had left flying high their lanterns in the sky. We saw Hanguang-Jun standing alone seeing the sky. Lifting his lantern he made a wish and flew it high in the sky. As soon as I opened my mouth Zewu-jun pulled me closer. Putting his finger on his lips he gestured me to keep quiet. I wanted to see Hanguang-Jun's lantern but obeying Zewu-jun I followed him to our respective rooms giving him his privacy."