Confession

Straddling his legs on lotus pond, Wei Wuxian was sitting alone. It is rare that anyone can see him so serene.

I took a seat beside him.

Wei Wuxian - "It is past 9. You are still awake?"

Jin Ling - "..?..."

Turning towards me he realized what he said.

Wei Wuxian - "Just ignore. Earlier when I was young this place was very different. It was livelier at this time. But now...."

He was again quiet.

After some time I said  "You know today morning I felt jealous when Lan Sizhui hugged you and Huanguang-jun"

He was astonished at my sudden confession. Looking towards me he said "Lan Zhan is mine. So, I hope it is Shizhui" With a wink he said, "I won't harm your Sizhui. He is all yours".

My heart skipped a beat and I hoped its better if my face holds no expressions at this moment.

"I was jealous because you three looked like a perfect family"

He looked at me with affection and I said "I also had two fathers -Uncle Jiang and Uncle Yao. One was always furious and other was calm and composed. But they both loved me a lot and took good care of me"

Wei Wuxian - "Have you forgiven Meng Yao?"

Jing Ling - "If I can forgive Wen Ning" taking a deep breath with a pause I said "You. Then why not him? In fact he always cared for me. He was always there when I needed someone to understand me. But now it's only me and uncle Jiang"

Wei Wuxian - "I think we should find a partner for your uncle Jiang. What say?"

"How about Wen Ning?". I looked at him with anger. "Yeah, I get it. I know it's a bad idea. Poor Wen Ning! If your uncle won't kill him with dagger then will surely kill him with his arrogant words"

After a while he spit out rubbish. "Why dint I ever thought about this! He is a perfect choice - Zewu-Jun. He has high cultivation skills, he is well mannered, high status in society; exactly a kind of partner which Jiang Cheng will ever choose. Moreover he could handle uncle Qiren then definitely handling Jiang Cheng would be a very simple task for him"

I remembered those days when Zewu-Jun used to come to Lanlingjin. Somewhere I knew he is incomparable, the best.

However, how can he ship them together? My uncle is not cut sleeve. With annoyance I said "This is ridiculous. Everyone is not cut sleeve like you"

Wei Wuxian - "Even I am not cut sleeve. Its only, Lan Zhan is special. Who knows Zewu-jun could be the special one for Jiang Cheng"

Fairy came beside me wagging her tail. Suddenly, I felt relieved as I wasn't feeling comfortable the direction in which the conversation had taken turn.

Hidding behind me Wei Wuxian shouted "Lan Zhan....Save me...Tell him to go". A smiled appeared on my face thinking how someone can love another so much that even in his subconscious state the only thing he remembers is his Lan Zhan's name. Slapping fairy on its ass I told her to go back to her kennel.

Once he was sure that fairy has really went inside her kennel, he was relaxed.

We spent some more time together in silence.

This is the first time we ever had such long conversation. I had just started knowing him and I wanted to spend some more time with him.

So, I continued our conversation.  "Fairy is a trained spiritual dog. She would never bite you? Why are you so scared of her? Spend some time with her. She will become your good friend "

Wei Wuxian - "Friend? If not Sheije then I would have lived a life of fear with Jiang Cheng. He was too upset when uncle Fangmian asked him to leave all his dogs outside the house"

Jin Ling - "Were you very close to my mother? How was she? I was too small when she left. I hardly remember anything and nobody has actually never told me anything about her"

Reminscing her, a smile adorned his face.

"What to say? Where to start? If beauty was ever a person then it would definitely have been her. She was kindest of all, most humble and gentle. She was the most beautiful soul I have ever met. My Sheije was so perfect" telling about her tears dripped from his eyes which never stopped. In a quavering voice he continued "you know she made the best lotus soup. I never got the same taste in the soup ever again. Maybe it is her love that she added made it so tasty. She was my first friend, my mother, my Sheije. She took care of me in a way mother cares for her child. She would have been the best mother the world would have ever witnessed."

Tears rolled down his eyes and he took me in his arms continuing,  "I am sorry. I am really very sorry. If I could have ever exchanged my life with hers I would have never hesitated to take that step. She never deserved this. You never deserved this. I wish she was there with us yesterday, today, my wedding day, everyday "

I had forgotten the warmth of your skinMy fading memories were fragmentedYour smiling face singing lullabyI think this is only last memory that I haveYou had spent more time with himYou are unknown to me and more known to himSince that day, I got ...

My fading memories were fragmented
Your smiling face singing lullaby
I think this is only last memory that I have
You had spent more time with him
You are unknown to me and more known to him
Since that day, I got closer to uncle Wei
I realized if I was bruised with hatred and loneliness
His heart was burdened with guilt and emptiness
He had lost a part of his soul
He was more a broken soul

-Jin Ling