Field of Brains

"I can't believe, you think 'Snuggles Squirrels 1', is better than 'Snuggle Squirrels 2'." Dawn crossed her arms as she discussed a movie with Nicky. The five kids were at the counter in the café, (Y/N) was sipping a (fruit) shake as she listened to them.

"I just think the snuggling is more believable, in the original," Nicky smiled sarcastically.

"What about the third one?" Dicky asked. "'The Empire Snuggles Back'!" voice

"I'm not discussing any of this with you until you read the books," Ricky retorted, obviously annoyed.

"What do you think, (Y/N)?" Nicky asked.

"I think I want a squirrel," she said simply. The quads shook their heads. "Buuut I guess I'd have to say, original is always better."

"Ha!" Nicky smiled triumphantly at Dawn.

"Nothing can beat a good Disney movie though."

"Oh come on!"

"Here we go again!" The quads erupted into an argument. They knew (Y/N) was an avid lover of Disney and found a way to enter it into any topic if she wanted to. She only smiled as she watched them try to change her mind, to which she stubbornly smiled at them.

"No, no, no. The worst zombie move ever is Zombabes," They all turned around to see Josie and her friend were chatting.

"I know!" Josie agreed. "So lame. Zombie aren't supposed to go to beach parties or surf," Josie and her friend pretended like they were surfing zombies. "Give me the classic must. Eat. Brains." The two acted like zombies and walked over to the five, who shifted in their seats.

"Oh, maybe we shouldn't be talking about this stuff in front of...kids." Josie's friend whispered the last word.

"Who us?" Dawn gasped. "Whaaaaat? We watch scary movies all the time. What else would we watch... Snuggle Squirrels?" Dawn asked, the others laughed as if they weren't just discussing the movies. Except (Y/N), who wasn't hiding her shame and was just nodding.

The girl smiled. "Then you must be really excited for tonight."

"Sure," Nicky said. "Mom's meatloaf. She adds paprika, it's a winner."

"She's talking about 'Field of Brains'," Josie said. "The scariest classic zombie movie ever. It's on TV tonight. Uncut, unrated..."

"And unbelievably SCARY!" Josie's friend jumped forward and the five of them moved back a bit. She chuckled. "See you tonight!" Josie's friend waved and left the store.

"Uh, obviously we're watching 'Field of Brains' tonight!" Dawn said loudly. "Duh!"

"Guys," Josie chuckled "You don't have to pretend. We all know you're too young for scary movies. And by the way, the Snuggle Squirrels are adorable! Like you guys." Josie rubbed Dicky's hair walked away from them.

"Did you hear that?" Dawn asked.

"Yeah. She called me adorable," Dicky grinned. "Our 'will they, won't they?' tension is electric."

"She also makes me want a snuggle now," (Y/N) joked. Suddenly, arms wrapped around her neck from behind, and she realized Nicky was trying to hug her from behind the counter. She hoped he couldn't feel her heart pounding in her chest as she tried to play it cool. "Uh, thanks?"

"She called us too young," Dawn said, pushing Nicky away. "That is the worst type of young."

"I'm older and I don't mind being called too young," (Y/N) shrugged.

"Three months!"

"A lot can happen in three months!"

Dawn sighed.