Unhappy Campers

"Camp Bear Claw here we come!" Ricky yelled as he ran down the stairs, carrying a duffel bag. His two brothers trailed behind him, also carrying bags. All of them were wearing blue T-shirts - except Dicky's was a tank top and Nicky had floaters on his arms - with the "Camp Bear Claw" logos on them.

"Ribbit, ribbit!" Dicky said, making a clawing motion with his hand.

"What sound is that?" Nicky asked, confused.

"The sound a bear makes. Duh!"

"No, a bear goes grr," Ricky corrected.

"Yeah, if the bear sounds like an elephant!"

There was a knock on the door and Nicky opened it. (Y/N) stood there wearing the same shirt the quads were, and had a (F/C) duffel bag strapped over her shoulder. She was also there with her parents, who were in their work clothes.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" Nicky said with a smile.

"Mornin' Harpers!" (F/N) also chirped.

"Hey, Mr. and Mrs. (L/N)!" the three boys greeted.

"Oh, where's Dawn?" (M/N) asked.

"I'll be right down!" the girl shouted from upstairs.

"Bye Dawn! We can't stay long, we have to get to work but we had to drop off our little girl so you could bring her to camp with you. Bye sweetie!" (M/N) kissed her daughter's forehead. "Make good choices! See you in a week!"

"Have fun, honey," (F/N) also hugged (Y/N). "Love you!"

"Bye mom, bye dad, love you!" (Y/N) waved as the two adults hurried off, and she stepped into the house.

"You ready for camp?" Ricky asked her excitedly.

"You bet! Grr!"

"Why do you sound like you're going to Camp Elephant Tusk?" Dicky asked, chuckling to himself.

(Y/N) just gave a confused look but shook it off. "Honestly, I really wanted to go to music camp, but it's gonna be much better doing camp stuff with you guys."

"Totally!" Nicky agreed, already picturing it in his head.

"By the way, nice floaties, Nicky."

"We told him he looked ridiculous," Dicky joked.

(Y/N) shrugged. "Eh. Safety first."

"THANK you!" Nicky grinned happily at her.

Dawn finally revealed herself, coming down the stairs while dragging her duffel bag. "Gee, I swear my bag wasn't this heavy last night."

"Aw chicks," Dicky chuckled, mocking Dawn as she put her bag on the couch. "Always overpacking." Ricky and Nicky also chuckled.

(Y/N) sighed, got her camp pamphlet from her bag, and used it to slap the three. They held their cheeks in pain as (Y/N) thought aloud. "Huh. Why do I feel like Dawn hasn't done that in a while?"

The girl quad just smirked gratefully at her friend and rummaged through her bag. "Wait a minute..." She pulled a big, thick book out of it entitled "The Big Book of Stars", a scowl on her face. "What's this astronomy book doing in my bag? Ricky?"

"I have a perfectly good explanation," he said. "I ran out of room in mine, that is all." Dawn shoved the book into the boy's chest. "Ow!"

"Isn't that one of my dad's books?" (Y/N) questioned.

"Yeah! He let me borrow it!"

"For what? Deadweight?"

"And what's this? Rugged mud?" Dawn looked at the jar of dirt she brought out, confused.