Mall in the Family

((Shoutout for the chapter: Lisxx_05 ! Thanks for voting everything!!))

"Don't be afraid to sing, Dragon."

"But what if I burn someone?"

"But what if you don't?"

The four quads mouthed the words exactly to a movie they were watching again for what seemed to be the millionth time. And when the music started playing, they started singing the current catchiest, most annoying song ever. "So sing out loud, sing out proud! Every voice deserves a crowd! La la la la la la la!"

"Kids, who wants lunch?" Anne asked through the pass-through. "Grilled cheese okay?" The kids only continued singing. "Oh, that Dragon Breath movie again!" In a high-pitched tone she said, "I'd bet you'd listen if I talked like a dragon!" When the kids kept singing, she lowered her voice and said, "Apparently you won't." as she shut the pass-through doors.

A little while later, the quads were STILL singing and Tom was asking them to tone the music down. "Hey dad, why don't you just go to the phone store at the mall?" Ricky suggested. "It'll be faster."

"That's a great idea," Anne said. "We're going to the mall."

"Great, have fun," Dicky said.

"You kids are coming with us!"

"Ugh!" The four all groaned

"Guys you can't stay home alone and you have seen this movie enough," Anne grabbed the remote and turned the TV off. "Let's go."

"Ugh!"

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, your mom's right," Tom exclaimed. "You've been watching this movie for hours. When (Y/N) was here this morning you were all singing with her. And her mom came to pick her up two hours ago!"

"At least when we get to the mall, we'll see her!" Dawn told her brothers.

Nicky nodded. "She's supposed to be busking there."

"Whatever it is, you need to get away from that Dragon Breath song," Tom said. He started walking to the door when his hold music suddenly started playing the song. "No!" He quickly hung up the phone and exhaled.

But it was too late. "Sing out loud, sing out proud!" The kids sang as they left the house, and the two parents groaned.

~~~

The Harpers walked into the phone store at the Boulder Galleria. It seemed to be packed with people and Tom looked around. "Okay, I'll get us a number," He walked over to the side to get a paper, but the quads just groaned again. "51."

"Oh! See? We're only four numbers away," Anne pointed out to show the sign was "47".

"This thing's always acting up," The employee shrugged and hit the wall. The "4" in "47" disappeared and it went down to 7.

"Ugh!" Tom and the quads whined.

"We're gonna be stuck in the mall forever!" Dicky complained.

"Let's try and be positive," Nicky said. "The mall's not that bad. (Y/N) is out there somewhere."

"How would we know?" Dawn's arms were crossed. "We're not IN the mall. The mall's out there. And (Y/N)'s just out there too."

"And we're stuck here, in a store," Ricky whined as well. "Watching our parents run an errand, like we always are."

"What's the point of anything..." The girl walked up to the store doors. "if we can't be out there...like them?"

"Free," Nicky sighed.