A Brief Case of Popularity

Before anything, to celebrate the release of Red Taylor's Version, here's a challenge for ya'll: what Taylor Swift song describes Nicky's and (Y/N)'s relationship CURRENTLY? Doesn't have to be from the album hehe. Leave your thoughts in the comments!

Also! Shoutouts for the chapter:

NightCore_Melody
durutrue
BarbaraMorgan3
iloveTUA14

Thanks for reading! And liking this book ;P

There was unspoken anger between (Y/N) and Nicky that lasted for about a day.

But after that day passed, they knew they had to apologize to one another. But days turned into another week of silence. Nicky still was sure he liked her, but he needed to amend things once again. Dawn, Ricky, and Dicky tried to help their brother to talk to him, but (Y/N) was stubborn. She would speak to the three and wouldn't exactly completely ignore Nicky, but there was still some undeniable tension and she didn't give him chances to talk about what happened. Anytime he tried would either be ignored or interrupted. After all, that outburst really took a lot out of her, and she'd rather they just forgot about it.

"I can't believe that just after we started talking about our feelings for one argument, another one started," Ricky grumbled one day.

"At least she's just mad at Nicky and not the rest of us," Dicky put in, which earned a slap from his brother.

Nicky didn't want to forget about (Y/N)'s outburst. But it got harder for the boy to bring up their fight after she began hanging out on...the stairs.

The "cool kids" of Edgewood were sitting on the school stairs that were near the school store. These kids wore caps, headphones around their necks, and low-crotch pants. Somehow they were dubbed the coolest kids and got to stay in the coolest hangout. (Y/N) had been invited ever since she performed at Moses' party, but declined. She figured one day it would be a good idea to try making friends with those kids now. They complimented her music, said she didn't have to wear what they wore, and told her she was "stair-worthy". They definitely weren't the quads, and they were just like everyone else: fake. But (Y/N) hung out with them anyway because she could at least avoid any chance Nicky had to talk about his "feelings" for her.

(Y/N) walked into the area to see Dawn, Dicky, and Nicky glaring at these kids as they sat on the stairs. "Look at them up there," Nicky grumped with crossed arms.

"Thinkin' they're better than everyone else," Dicky sneered.

"'Cause they are," Dawn huffed.

"Totally."

"Way better," Nicky still glared.

"Hey, the coolest kids get the coolest hangout," Dawn told them. "The staircase."

"It's not the best hangout," (Y/N) finally approached the three, standing by Dawn as she crossed her arms. Nicky looked down at his feet. "I mean, there are better ones."

"You're just saying that to make us feel better."

"No way. It's just a staircase. What's so great about it?"

"She's belittling us!" Dicky pointed accusingly. (Y/N) raised an eyebrow.

"I guess you wouldn't understand because you're one of them," Nicky muttered.

This made the girl glare. "What's that supposed to mean?"

The boy panicked, he didn't realize his words sounded meaner than he meant them to. "I mean...! Well, you're already popular and cool!"

"I am not."

"(Y/N), we love you, but don't play dumb," Dawn scoffed. "You are always invited to parties and play at them. You have thousands of subscribers. You're a hit on social media!"