House Crushing for Dummies

"Hey Dicky!"

(Y/N) sat in the middle of the Harpers' couch with her laptop on the coffee table, Britt and the aforementioned boy's siblings at her sides. On her screen, Dicky waved back with a beaming smile.

"Hey guys!" he chirped.

"How's Australia?" Ricky asked excitedly.

"Ripper!"

At his response, the four kids all looked at Britt, who smirked in pride. "What can I tell ya?" he said. "Our Australian slang catches on!"

"It can get really hot at times but my host family has airconditioning! There's practically an animal everywhere I go too! Also, your school is really cool, Britt. There's TWO gyms here!"

Britt chuckled. "Glad you like it there, mate."

"And hey, Dawn, Mack goes here too!"

Dawn furrowed her brows. "Whoa, really? I knew he moved away but what a coincidence that he's in Australia too."

"You meet any girls there?" Nicky questioned. (Y/N) shot him a look to which he raised his hands defensively. "It's for him! Maybe he has a chance with someone!"

Dicky smiled. "I mean, the ladies do dig the Dickster here."

"For some reason I highly doubt that." Dicky rolled his eyes. "Any plans for today?"

"My host family's gonna teach me how to throw a boomerang. Bet I'll be better than you guys by then."

(Y/N) snickered. "Considering how these three only got to throw boomerangs ONCE, I definitely believe you'd be a pro by the end of the day." Dicky grinned. "We're off to the mall to hang out."

"Have fun, bro!" Nicky called out.

"Bye guys." Dicky waved at the camera before the call ended.

"Australian's gonna turn Dick into a new man," Britt declared.

"We're counting on it," Dawn nodded.

~~~

The five kids went to the mall with their parents and went around like they said they would. After going showing Britt around and window shopping, they decided to have a little frozen yogurt break and stopped by the place Natlee said she'd be working at.

"So you used to go busking here, (Y/N)?" Britt asked as they loaded their cups with fro-yo.

"Yep!" she chirped. "But Raine said I'm not allowed to busk anymore until my album debut so I haven't done it in a while."

"Aren't you not allowed to busk at all after you become a superstar?" Ricky asked.

"Hey. If Taylor Swift can go around freely looking like a man without drawing too much attention to herself and Austin Moon can disguise himself as a singing lumberjack while he was on probation, then I can find a way to change my hair to whatever bizarre color I want to fool anyone and everyone because let's face it, everyone is just that dumb." Her four friends blinked at her in surprise. "Yeah I didn't know I had it in me either."

They all just chuckled and started loading their fro-yo cups with toppings. But once they saw Britt putting a mound of toppings on his fro-yo, everyone cringed.

"Oof," Ricky said.

"Sheesh," Nicky commented.

"Not good," Dawn added.

"What's not good?" Britt asked.

"The toppings," Nicky answered. "You loaded it with all the heavy ones."