Scaredy Dance

"Looks like she worked out a little too much," Dicky joked about skeleton that was in running clothes and in a running position. "Scary huh?".

"Actually, you know what the scariest thing about Halloween is?" Dawn asked, walking over to (Y/N), Nicky, and Ricky.

"Pfft, last year's quadcopus costume," Nicky answered.

~~~

"Trick or treat!"

A boy walked up to the group and said "Worst costume ever, Harpers."

(Y/N), who was in a Spider(wo)man costume, held her bag out with a smile plastered on her face as she waited for the door to open."Let this night end, let this night end..."

~~~

"Eight tentacles but only one bag," Ricky groaned. "What were we thinking?"

"That day released a core memory in my brain," (Y/N) shuddered. "My fear of octopi."

"I was gonna say the scariest thing about Halloween is THAT," Dawn pointed to her father who was actually dressed as a witch at the café.

"Bubbling brew, dark and oozy. Who would like a trick or treat smoothie?" Tom cackled from behind his cauldron and placed down a tray full of smoothies. They each took a sip of the smooth. After pausing, the five kids turned around, spitting the drink out simultaneously. "Too much trick?" Tom asked in his normal voice.

"Tom," Anne sighed as she walked over. "When we agreed to dress as a witch and wizard, I thought it was clear which one of us would be the witch!"

"Sorry Anne, but if we have to have another cackle off... bring it!!" He yelled in a witch voice, then the two adults started cackling.

"Correction," Dawn said. "THAT'S the scariest thing about Halloween."

~~~

"Five Halloween smoothies, all treats, no trick," Josie placed down smoothies on the table. (Y/N) raised her drink and Nicky clinked his glass with hers.

"Thanks Josie! Nice lunch lady costume," Ricky complimented.

"Oh, I'm not just any lunch lady. I'm sloppy Josie." Josie put her hands on her hips as she smiled and chewed gum.

"By the way, we're really psyched you're DJing our Halloween dance," Dawn put in, smiling.

"Oh, me too! I just hope the DJ booth can fit all this lunch in my trunk. Boop!" Josie lightly smacked her butt, giggling. "And (Y/N), I heard you're planning on performing a few songs? That's cool!"

The girl beamed. "Yeah, I'll just be strumming my guitar, maybe I'll send you some instrumentals, it's gonna be fun!" Josie grinned and walked away.

"So cool that you actually get to perform for our peers!" Ricky said, grinning. "You've been wanting to perform at school dances for as long as we could remember."

"You make it sound like I don't do it often!" (Y/N) whined.

"Performing in front of us doesn't count, (Y/N)." She pouted at that.

"Are you gonna dance?" Dawn asked.

"Yeah of course I'll take some breaks to hit the dance floor!"

"Oh no, I meant won't you dance while singing? Like you know how those artists do when they sing?

(Y/N) swallowed. "Please. I can barely sing alone in front of a crowd. I'm not even that good at dancing so I'll just stand and sing."

"You're better than I am!" (Y/N) jumped a bit at Dawn's clearly offended tone. They both knew Dawn's dancing skills were clearly the worst.