Remote Control Control

The only time (Y/N) was able to have quality time with her parents was during the weekends. Since they were busy mostly 24/7, they really tried to make time for their daughter. They were both doctors, with (F/N) being a full-time neurosurgeon and (M/N) being a full-time psychiatrist. Since (Y/N) was their only child, she would often get spoiled and was allowed to do a lot of things, which is why she ended up getting into singing, dancing, and the occasional parkour.

But growing up, (Y/N) mostly craved quality time. She loved her parents being protective and giving her what she wanted, but she mostly just wanted to be with them. Lately she appreciated family game nights, but even then did (F/N) and (M/N) get the occasional last-minute call and have to leave. Of course it would sadden (Y/N).

This is why she was never bothered with the Harpers. Being with them always made up for the silence in her own home. She was grateful for her parents allowing them to always go hang out with her favorite quads. The Harpers were like her second family (yes, even Nicky). She loved them dearly.

But sometimes, she couldn't endure the same punishments the quads did. It was a Saturday morning and she was preparing her board games when she got flashed. She was confused, because usually the quads and her agreed to use their flashlights at night time and call each other with cellphones in the morning. It could only mean they were probably in trouble for something (she also realized the quads often called for her rather than her calling them).

She got up and got to the window and lit up when she saw Nicky. The light of his flashlight was faint in the morning but she made out "We r bord" and decided to come over.

"Mom, Dad, I'm going to the Harpers!"

"Have fun sweetie!" (M/N) called out.

(Y/N) grabbed her phone, petted Mr. Fluffernutter who was sitting on the counter table, and left her house. She entered the Harper home and found the quads were sitting on their couch, staring at their TV screen.

"Alright losers, what did you do this time?"

The four kids looked at their friend unamused. "I didn't do anything," Ricky emphasized on "I".

"We were fighting over the remote control this morning," Dawn started.

"And Dawn and I accidentally deleted Dad's show," Dicky sighed.

"Ahh so you got grounded," (Y/N) folded her arms. "Bummer. Wait if Dawn and Dicky were the cause how come you two got in trouble?"

"Becuase we're quads," Nicky grumped. "If one gets in trouble we all do."

"That can't be right, can it?"

"Please, they were fighting over the remote too!" Dawn exclaimed.

"Well there you go,"

"But we didn't hold onto the remote!" Ricky complained.

"Excuses!" Dicky shouted.

"Hey, enough!" (Y/N) held her hands up. "You're already in trouble, don't make it worse." She walked over to sit beside Nicky.

"She's right," Dawn sighed. They continued staring at the screen.

"I wonder what's going on in there right now," Dicky wondered.

"So many wonderful things," Dawn sighed.

Ricky glared. "Thanks to you two cheaters the only thing I can see is the reflection of your cheating faces!"

"Too bad I can't let you guys watch in my place," (Y/N) said. "But your parents would never allow it."

"I saw this movie once," Nicky said. "Where this kid stared at the TV super hard it finally came on. Then his head exploded."