like there was no tomorrow ~ 52

AN: I'm skipping the whole moving into the dorms thing. At this point, they already moved their stuff into the dorms and all.

When Shouto told him he wanted to introduce him, Yuma didn't think it would be so soon.

"Hey, Shouto?" Yuma stood a few steps behind him, shifting in place as he stared at the big house.

The other boy turned to the side to look at him, only to realise he was behind him. "Why are you behind me...?" He trailed off, before he walked up to Yuma and reached for his hand. "Come on."

Insistent, Yuma kept his feet peeled against the ground. "Shouto, wait...!"

Only then did Shouto realise something was wrong. "What is it?" He stopped, but did not let go of Yuma's hand. "Are you feeling unwell?" Furrowing his brows, he raised his other hand and pressed a palm against Yuma's forehead.

Oh God.

Yuma craned his neck back, moving away from Shouto's hand. "No, I'm fine, I'm just...nervous?"

Then Shouto titled his head. "Why?"

Please, how was it that he was so dense now? Seriously, Yuma understood it on a daily situation, but this was anything but daily! Was he not thinking this was anything to be concerned about? They were meeting his family, which wasn't something Yuma expected to do anytime soon, especially not when it came to Endeavour.

Endeavour...He was a whole other problem.

"Do you not see the problem here?" Yuma asked him after a brief moment of silence.

Shouto seemed even more confused by his question.

Did Yuma have to spell it out for him? "We're both...guys?"

Only then did it dawn on Shouto. His eyes lightly widened and his lips parted, as if he wanted to say anything, but then he stopped and looked away. Great. He didn't even think of this as a problem?

"I never...looked at it that way," Shouto muttered after a few seconds, "It never crossed my mind."

Well, that was unexpected. "You mean you...huh?" Yuma couldn't put it into words at all.

"I don't know..."

Saving them from the confusing conversation, or putting them into an even worse position, the front door of the house opened and Yuma saw a woman standing in the doorway.

"I thought I heard someone outside." She spoke.

Yuma promptly froze up, but not before pulling his hand away from Shouto's own. "Uh, hello..."

The woman, Fuyumi, smiled at him. "You must be Ayatsuru. Come on in, dinner is already done." She moved to the side, opening the door wide for them.

Internally, Yuma was on the verge of passing out.
.
.
.
The inside was what he imagined a fully traditional Japanese house would look like. Long hallways, sliding doors, and padded floors. The complete opposite of what his apartment is like.

He and Shouto came from different environments, grew up in different environments, lived in different environments.

Damn it, he shouldn't be thinking about this at all. It didn't matter, did it? They were...together now, so it didn't matter, right?

"I was really surprised when Shouto said he wanted all of us to have dinner together," Fuyumi said as they followed after her, "I was wondering what the reason was."