send out a raven ~ 29

His time at being in an internship came to a pass.

And only one thing was on his mind.

His father.

Yuma had come to an agreement with the principal about waiting for the internship to pass, so they wouldn't cause any trouble with what they had in plan for... Gabriel.

They were... really doing it, weren't they? Blackmailing his father?

Blackmailing the Gabriel Laurent.

A deep ache took root at the pit of his stomach and he fought back the convulsing of his body as it spread through it.

They were doing it.

There was no going back.

No way back.

_

He sat still in the principal's office, trying his best not to show how much the situation affected him.

Chikara was on his right, while Shion was on his left.

"I will be the one to call him. Is that all right with you, Yuma?" He heard Nezu ask from where he sat opposite of them.

Not replying verbally, he just nodded.

"All right." With that, Nezu took out a phone and typed in the numbers Yuma had give him earlier that day.

As the faint dial sound filled his ears, Yuma closed his eyes.

A few moments passed, before Nezu spoke up, "Laurent Gabriel?" A second later, he continued, "This is the principal of U.A. You're probably wondering why I am calling you..." he trailed off, probably listening to what Gabriel was telling him, "Yes, he is here."

Yuma locked up, knowing that it was him they were talking about.

"No, I'm not going to put him on the phone," Nezu denied his unheard demand, "Laurent, I called because I have solid proof of child abuse."

He immediately broke the news to the man and Yuma hurriedly looked at the principal. There was not a flicker of doubt in his eyes, nor was there any kind of reluctance.

For a few moments, there weren't any indications that Gabriel had said anything to him, but then... Yuma watched as Nezu's expression darkened, "Yes, it will be needed for you to fly to Japan. This sort of discussion cannot be held over the phone."

And then, Nezu pulled the phone away, the screen going black.

Gabriel had hung up.

Did he not... say anything?

"He's taking the first plane here and will be meeting us here in the school."

The first... plane? That meant he...

Yuma closed his eyes again and lowered his head.

12 hours. That was how much time it would take his father to come to Japan.

12 hours. That was how much time Yuma had to prepare himself for the meeting.

12 hours. That was how much time Yuma had to make a choice he wouldn't regret.

It seemed so little...

_

He was late to class, but when he opened the door, Aizawa just gestured for him to take a seat.

Did he... know about everything? Was he told? Nothing about the way he reacted to Yuma indicated that, but it wasn't for certain. Yuma never could understand what Aizawa was thinking at times.