belief ~ 33

The bell rang about fifteen minutes later, signifying the end of lunch time.

Together, they returned to the classroom, only to be met by Ashido's and Kaminari's joyful expressions, "Oh, it'll be easy if it's robots!"

"Yeah, yeah!" Ashido agreed.

Yuma wondered what they were talking about.

"You guys look like you'd have a hard time controlling your quirks against people." Shoji commented.

Kaminari threw his hands in the air, "Yeah! But I can just let loose with robots, so it'll be a cinch!"

Ashido joined in, "And it'll be a cinch for me to melt them!"

Robots? Were they talking about the exam? Hmm... Briefly, he peered down at his hands. It was true that it was much easier to use his quirk on not living things, he'd rather not hurt anyone with it.

Not again.

"Are you all right?" Todoroki asked from besides him, lightly tilting his head.

All... right? "Why wouldn't I be?" That question was confusing to him.

"You looked like you were deep in thought." The boy explained.

Deep in thought, eh? "I was just thinking about the exam. If it's robots, then I have nothing to worry about, right?" He put on a small smile, one genuine enough not to draw any suspicion from Todoroki.

"Right." Was the answer he got.

_

In the next three days, Yuma focused on nothing but the written exams.

And then, the day of the practical exam came along.

_

On the forth day, Aizawa led them to a testing area, at which they were greeted by various heroes.

"Now, we will begin the practical exam," Aizawa spoke, "Of course, it is possible to fail this exam, if you want to go to the training camp, then don't make any stupid mistakes," he continued, "I expect that you all have gathered information ahead of time and have some idea of what you will be doing."

In a moment's time, Kaminari exclaimed, "We're fighting robot warriors like at the entrance exam, right?"

"Fireworks! Curry! Test of Courage!" Ashido joined in, again.

"Too bad!" Someone yelled, someone who's voice Yuma found awfully familiar, "For various reasons, the exam will be different starting this time!" Principal Nezu popped out of Aizawa's scarf.

Yaoyorozu was the first one to speak up, "Different?"

Nezu slowly climbed down Aizawa, "From now on, we want to focus on person-to-person combat and hero work, and stress teaching that is closer to actual fighting," he explained, "So, we'll have you form teams of two to fight against one teacher!"

Wait... teams of two? "Um, principal?" Yuma raised his hand, drawing attention to himself, "What about the one student who won't have a pair?" He questioned. There were 21 students in the class, an uneven number.

At the sight of Nezu's eyes glinting, Yuma regretted asking.

"Well, Ayatsuru, this is where she comes into play!"

Oh God.

"Yuma~!" Someone yelled from the side and the said boy closed his eyes and lowered his head in reply, "Your auntie is here!" The unmistakable voice of Chikara rang out.

"... Auntie?" Kaminari mumbled out.

"The bombshell!" Came Minata's sleazy voice.

"Is that Manipula?!" Midoriya exclaimed.