sunset ~ 36

AN: Surprise, surprise. I decided to update earlier than usual. I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I did!

His skin tingled from where their hands were pressed together. He could feel it-his heart-beating erratically in his chest with a force so great, he had to force himself not to move along with its beats.

It didn't help that Todoroki wasn't looking away from him.

Perhaps it would be an odd scene to see, if someone were to walk in at that moment. To see two boys silently staring at each other, fingers tightly intertwined, truly would be a sight to behold.

In that moment, it struck Yuma as odd-the whole situation.

Todoroki appeared in his life when he had nothing left, when he was discarded, and he didn't walk away from him, no matter how much Yuma tried to show him that he wasn't worth staying for.

That meant a lot to him.

"You're quiet." The silence was broken when Todoroki spoke.

He... wasn't wrong. Yuma didn't know what to say in a situation like that, so he let his actions speak for themselves. In a rather bold manner, he once again gripped onto Todoroki's hand as he shifted atop the bed.

It didn't look like the boy would say anything in reply, but Yuma was proven wrong a second later, "I understand."

He let out a soft hum in answer and glanced at Todoroki. Still, he was intently staring back at him, looking like he was relentlessly trying to figure something out.

Something... What was that 'something'?

"Would you..." Yuma began, mind unable to catch up to his words, "like to go somewhere with me on the weekend?" The way Todoroki's brows furrowed made him regret his words and he turned away as he felt a foreign heat race through his body.

Oh God.

"I'd like that," Somehow, Todoroki's voice had gone soft, "I was about to ask you the same thing."

Oh. He was...? Still overwhelmed with the unexpected heat, Yuma peeked back at Todoroki, only to see that his smile matched his voice-soft.

He was so pretty it was unfair.

What...?

Oh God. Oh God. Oh God.

He took a sharp breath of air and panic surged within him, "Oh, that's... that's a... what a coincidence...!"

Chikara was going to tease him so much and he wasn't prepared for that! Would it be better not to tell her...? No, that didn't sound good... But if he told her, then she would demand he brought Todoroki for them to meet...? Oh God, what has he gotten himself into?

No. He won't mention anything unless he was certain of what... this... this feeling he had was.

It sure didn't help that Todoroki still wasn't letting go of his hand!

"You look..." Todoroki began and Yuma already dreaded his next words, "tired. I don't want to bother you when you need to rest."

And then, he made move to pull his hand away, but Yuma ended up not letting him do that. Once again, panic filled him, but for a different reason. If Todoroki was to let go now, Yuma was afraid they wouldn't be able to touch again. It was irrational, he knew that, but he couldn't help but be frightened by the mere thought of that.

"What's wrong?"

With the way Todoroki was looking at him, Yuma wondered how he hadn't fallen over and died just from the sheer intensity of his gaze. Dual coloured eyes stared back at him, lightly narrowed in what seemed to be concern.