From the Beginning

Alone

Afraid

The stomp of heavy footsteps thundered. A dull echo of metal on metal as she moved.

Faster, must go faster.

Dull grey walls slowly faded into shiny cyan crystal as she continued to run.

A loud screech sounded from the passage behind. Bouncing around the sturdy Titanium alloy. It's seemingly indestructible strength only made her feel worse.

This place was a prison. A dreadful and terrible prison for a twisted abomination that should have never existed. Built to study and contain the abomination. In hopes of maybe finding a cure.

Memories flashed through her head like a machine gun. Rapidly pounding against her hard light skull. A dull pain filled her gem. A momentary shock that brought her legs out from under her. Sending the being sliding down the Crystalline Coated floor.

She rolled up into herself. Wrapping her slender but powerful arms around her legs. Scrapping the durable but battered armor plates she wore. The same metal as the alloy around her. 

It was only earlier in what she could only assume was a day that she was born into this horrible place. With spotted memories implanted that told her of the great downfall. So many screams that she couldn't silence.

Her arms went up around her drab grey helmet. Gripping the sides tight enough to make the broken metal groan from her strength. Tears begin to roll down her cheeks.

Why? Why did she have to be born into this? Born as the only normal being among those…. monsters!

But we're they really though, they looked similar to her. In a horrible and twisted sense. They had gemstones on their bodies, the same as her. But they were made of flesh and blood too.

She wasn't though. Why? Why was she different from those around her?

Savior

There that word popped into her head again. Like a gentle whisper that kept nagging the young being. Beckoning her for a purpose she didn't entirely know.

Destroy

Destroy the abominations? That was the only thing around here to destroy. They were strong. But also somewhat weak, their flesh gave way to her fists with some effort. But their shattered armor surrounded them in a mismatched cocoon.

Another scream echoed down the hallway. Reminding her once more that the monsters grew ever closer. With their twisted bodies. She could imagine them, ungainly arms that could hit with a deceptive amount of force. Barbs of jagged crystal that grew out from their gems like razor sharp knives. They'd nearly ran her through once, she didn't intend for it to happen again.

She had to get up, the monsters would be here soon. And they would show her no mercy. Trying to incorporate her into their seemingly endless horde. 

She would not become a part of their nightmare!

She uncurled herself, instructions that bombarded her before slowly unraveling themselves into somewhat comprehensible images and memories. If they were even memories.

A dull clang sounded on the floor as the shabby armor adorned on her hit the metal. The plates clanged together annoyingly as the skin suit she wore was unpowered. At least that's what the dull light in front of her face told her.

Oh well, they'd do for the time being as they had so far. But a nagging in the back of her mind told her she needed something better. A weapon. She needed a weapon as well.