Snowed In

(sorry, sometimes I hit the publish button when the chapter isn't done.)

"Why do you want me to drive you home?" Asked Will.

Winter had started over two weeks ago. But this was the first significant storm since the beginning of it. Steven had invited Connie over to hang out. They had spent the last half hour just roasting marshmallows and talking in front of the fireplace. Until Connie had a phonecall.

"Because my mom said I needed to get home before it gets dark." Said Connie.

Then Steven put his hand behind his back in a why expression. "And Garnet lent me her future vision to see what would happen if dad brought me."

"I'm guessing that all the outcomes ended poorly." Said will in a deadpan expression.

Steven sighed. "That's an understatement and besides your the best driver we know." Said Steven.

Will looked outside to the other why snow falling to the ground. Then he looked back to the two 13 year olds in front of them.

"Alright, get your stuff and I'll grab a warthog. Meet me in front of the house." He said.

"Don't they not have a roof?" Connie asked.

He looked at them with a smile. "You really think I didn't make one for colder weather."
________
Will opened the heavy Titanium garage door. He built it into the side of the cliff a few years ago because he was tired of having to go to the barn to get vehicles.

He smiled at the memory of little Steven watching him work. He was always an energetic kid.

He walked into the large space. The lights overhead burning their bright white color, illuminating the room.

The two mongooses were in the front just to the left of the door. The space was layed out so vehicles were out to the sides so he could drive through the center.

Then he passed by the warthog, gausshog, and rockethog.

Up next came the Scorpion. The main battle tank of the UNSC. And finally after that came the all weather warthog. It's open sides and top have been covered with half inch Titanium doors fitted with actuators to make it light to open. There was ballistic glass windows fitted into each one. He walked over to the driver's side and opened the door upward. He buckled himself up in the driver's seat and primed the reactor. The fusion reaction roared out of the heatsinks in the back.

He out it into gear and drove out of the garage. He pulled up next to Steven and Connie who had been waiting for a few moments.

"Hop in." He said.

Steven then opened the door and got in the back seat with Connie following. They buckled in and Will drove off.

Will took the main road out of beach city. They travelled down the road for a little while before Connie asked something.

"Why does all of your stuff look like it's from the military?" She asked.

"That's because it is, I just made some modifications to this particular warthog." He said.

This seemed to satisfy Connie as she didn't ask any more questions.

Will had to concentrate even harder on the road. The snow had started to fall even harder. And to make things worse is it was getting dark. He probably had another ten minutes before the sun set.

He flipped a switch on the dashboard. This opened the heat sinks of the reactor. The heat from the fusion reaction melted the snow in an area around them. Almost like a bubble shield of warmth. Although it might melt the road a bit. He chuckled to himself.