Fusion Cuisine

Friday

Connie was laying on her stomach on Steven's bed while Steven was leaning against it. They were watching a medical drama called 'under the knife'.

"Doctor, it's...my son. There was an accident...I." a woman on the tv said in distress.

"Calm down, I know what we have to do. Nurse.!" Another woman said.

"Yes doctor." A man said.

"Prep the patient for surgery. We're going....under the knife." The doctor said.

"Uuuu this show is so good. Thank you so much for letting me watch under the knife here Steven." She said after she let out a fangirl cry.

"How come you can't watch this show at home." Steven asked.

"My mom says this doesn't represent a real emergency room." She said

"How did his legs...get into....his brain!" The nurse asked at a convenient moment for her answer.

"She just doesn't understand that it's satire." Connie said as her phone started to ring.

"Is that your phone?" Steven asked.

"It's probably my mom."

She looked at her phone to see the familiar name on the screen. "Called it." She answered.

"Hi mother it's Connie. I'm at the home of Steven Universe."

"Mmmhhm."

"Yes mam, were just hanging out."

The look on her face suddenly changed to surprise. "Ohhh. Steven's parents. Their uh...in the other room."

"You'd like to talk to Stevens mom."

"Ok, hold in a moment."

"That's gonna be pretty hard since my mom gave up her physical form to make me." Steven said.

"I can't tell her that."

Steven and Connie then ran down the stairs to Garnet, who was sitting on the couch.

"Garnet quick. You have to pretend to be my mom to Connies mom." Steven said as he handed her the phone.

"Hello, this...is mom Universe. Yes. The children are playing swords. Sorry playing with swords. Their bleeding. Oh no. They are dead. Don't call again." She then hung up. "Sorry, I panicked."

Steven and Connie had a look of utter dread on their faces.
________
Saturday

"What do you mean you can't come over. It's the season finale of under the knife." Steven said as he was puttijg frosting on a cake.

"Steven my parents are really upset. They say they won't let me meet you again till they see both of your parents." She said.

"But that's impossible."

"I know but...they want both of our families to go out together for dinner."

"That sounds so...adult. I wonder if fish stew pizza will take reservations for. Pearl, Garnet, Will, dad and Amythest, Lapis. All ten of us." He said triumphantly.

"You can't bring everybody!" She said.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Because...because...I told you have a nuclear family." She said hurriedly.

"Nuclear! Sure they make stuff blow up sometimes, and they destroy a few things, and a few things get shot up. But that's cause their magic, not because their radioactive!"