Gem glow

Steven was walking up the stairs of the beach house. He was about to open the door when a large centipede/beetle broke through and tried to bite him.

"Aah what are these things."

Pearls spear flew through the air and stabbed the beetle and stabbed it. Causing it to poof.

Steven looked inside to see the gems fighting a swarm of them.

"These things have infested the temple!" Garnet yelled.

One tried to shoot a glob of acid at her. But it was blocked by will. Who blocked it with his armors shields. He then stabbed his knife through the head of the beetle.

"Sorry it's taking so long. Can't exactly use my powers or guns without either burning the house down or shooting a bunch of holes in it." He said to Steven.

"It's fine but whe... aah." One came running after Steven. But Amythest caught it in her ship and launched it toward her. Which she then head-butted causing it to poof.

"I got you bro." She said.

"There's no end to these things." Said Pearl.

"There must me a mother nearby that is making them."

"But where is it. My motion tracker is going crazy with all of these." Will said.

"You think it's the only thing going crazy. I have to track these things, give you, data and hundreds of other things all at the same time." Quasar blurted from the speakers.

It was weird for Steven to get used to the AI when he was younger. But now he treats him as just another part of the team.

The gems finally killed the last of them after a solid 10 minutes of dodging and poofing..

"Well I think we're good for now." Will said.

"Yes but none of these dropped gems, which means the mother is still out there somewhere."

"We need to find it, but where to look." Pearl said.

"I'll check me room." Amythest replied as she ran into the temple.

"Check mine to." Will said.

"I'll check around the house." He said again.

"Me and Pearl will check around the beach." Garnet said.

"Oh Steven before we leave we got you something." Pearl said as she walked to the freezer. She opened it and there were 20 cookie cats.

"Cookie cats. Where did you get them. I thought they stopped making them."

"Well Quasar found they were going out of business so he bought the company and we made a small cookie cat maker." Will said.

Steven walked up to the freezer and openers cookie cat.
"Mm these are the best ice cream ever. Way better than those stupid lion lickers."

"Steven your gem is glowing." Steven looked down only to find his gem was indeed glowing.

"Quick try to summon your weapon."

Steven concentrated on trying to summon his weapon. But sadly nothing happened and the glow began to fade.

"As it didn't work." He said sadly.

"Don't worry Steven it will come to you." As Garnet said this she and Pearl left to search the town.

Will began to glow and his armor dissapeared. When it was gone he was in a green t-shirt and black BDU's.

"How do you summon your weapon."

Will was caught off guard by the question but turned to face Steven. "Well I don't have a gem weapon, I have pyrokenesis."