Aftermath

Bridge of the UNSC Ironclad

Captain Ryan Andrew was getting an assessment from high the holotable and the ships AI. And needless to say he was pissed. The gem known as Sunstone came out of nowhere and grabbed Admiral William. Then the ship fired and damaged the armor around the Ironclads Portside hangar. Where it proceeded to dissapear into Slipspace.

He needed to find where they had taken the Admiral. But for right now he had something else to get to.

"Clear a Longsword to intercept the escape pod Peridot used to escape. I want that gem hunted down." He ordered the flight control officer.

He smirked when he saw said fighter leave the hanger with it's fusion engines roaring. Leaving toward where it had gone.

"Captain, we've detected a Slipspace rupture in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. I'm almost certain that it's the gem ship." Said one of the bridge crew.

He turned to the ships AI Dusty. Who took the appearance of a 19 the century cowboy. Dusty nodded and prepped the Slipspace coordinates for a jump.

"Captain, Slipspace jump is charted. We're ready to jump on your command." Said Dusty from the holotable.

Ryan nodded. He pressed a button on the table to open up a shipwide communication. "Attention all crew, brace for Slipspace jump." He said simply.

The swirling blue and white portal of the eleventh dimension opened in front of them. He felt the ship lurch slightly as it's engines pushed it into the portal. Everything turned back around them as they entered. Thankfully it wasn't a long jump. Only lasting a few minutes to reach the part of the system they needed to reach.

The ship lurched once more as they exited and entered back into Realspace. Immediately Dusty and the bridge crew went to work figuring out exactly where they were. Now their Slipspace drive wasn't the most precise. Only being able to get within several dozen miles of those destination.

"Sir, were 20,000 Km form the ruptures exit point." Said Dusty. Ryan nodded and turned to talk to the crew. "Full speed to the destination now." He ordered.

The Paris class frigate fired it's engines to full and rocketed through the vacuum. It's powerful fusion drives propelling it at several hundred kilometers a second. The frigate struggled to keep the g force of such acceleration to a comfortable amount with it's inertial dampeners. But it quickly calmed and the crew could move easily again.
___

UNSC Ironclad Portside hangar

The Crystal gems stumbled as the ships inertial dampeners struggled to compensate for it's acceleration. Steven even fell to his knees before quickly getting back up.

"Damn it, how could I have not seen that coming!" Garnet yelled as she knelt and punched the floor. Creating a small dent in the floor. Amythest walked over and out a hand on her shoulder. "Garnet, you couldn't have predicted that would have happened." The purple gem said to try and calm her down.

Garnet turned to Amythest. Her teeth gritted. "But I should've, I should've been an alert still. But I failed."

Steven turned to Garnet with determination in his eyes. "We'll find him Garnet. Because he reached us and now well rescue him." He smiled after he said that.

Pearl walked up next to him. Which Lapis narrowed her eyes at but didn't do anything. "Yes, we've already gone to the area that they travelled to. I'm gonna guess that their Slipspace drive was damaged so they didn't go far. And we're already heading there at maximum speed." She said with a determined smile on her face.