Quasar's log 1

[record]
Since it will be 15 years today that we have been on this planet. I decided for when and if we meet the rest of the UNSC again that I would describe some of the more important moments for he Spartan under my care.

Will-009 started out like most of the other Spartan's when we landed on this planet.

But over the last decade and a half from both spending more time with non military personnel and the monsters of ONI and the birth of his 'adopted' nephew Steven Quartz Universe.

This first log will be about what happened nearly a week ago. It all started when Steven was learning how to fuse.[see article about Gem Fusion]

He wasn't doing very well when the gems tried to teach him the fusion dance. Will couldn't teach him since his dance is a sad sad bastardization of one usually.

So Steven eventually went to talk with his father Greg Universe (formerly Demayo) about it. After some stories about him and Steven's mother Rose Quartz [see file on Rose Quartz/Pink Diamond].

This prompted him and his best friend Connie Mahashawarren to dance. [See Mahashawarren file].

This prompted them to fuse into the gem fusion known as 'Stevonnie'.

Note
While it is not entirely certain she is female considering the strange qualities of fusion. I decided scanning would be invasive of her privacy. And I was told not to.

They were then told exactly what they...she...it was. [Will proceed to call Stevonnie she for simplicities sake].

She was then given same in my limited understanding of society was some very bad advice for a someone that looked like an attractive teen female with absolutely no understanding of the world around her.

So at that point 009 proceeded to keep an eye on her from the shadows without her noticing.

[Play video]

"Why did you make me keep an eye on her?" Asked will inside his helmet to the AI.

"Because those two and Stevonnie have no idea about being teenagers and the dangers they face." Quasar said.

"What dangers could teenagers possibly face beside the covenant, terrorists and occasional gem monster." Said Will with a role of his eyes.

Quasar's Avatar appeared on his HUD. "Oh I don't know, the small possibilities of drugs, alcohol, sex, molestation, and peer pressure. Need I go on." He said matter of factly.

He was silent for a moment. "You know I never had a normal childhood. I never had to worry about friends or other people. All I had to worry about was my squadmates, my life and the mission." He said solemnly.

Quasar tipped his head down. "I never meant to bring up bad memories like that."

"It wasn't your fault, I needed to be informed." Said will.

They were both quiet for a bit as they watched Stevonnie walk down the quieter and shadier part of town toward a warehouse that had music and lights blaring out of it.

"You know today is the day for the anniversary right?" Said will.

"Of what?" Asked Quasar.

"The day since most of gold team was killed. Me and Naomi were the only survivors. I was only able to save Naomi with my powers. That's also the first time I used it against the covenant."

Quasar stood silent for a moment. "They were Daisy, Joshua and Grace right?" Asked the AI.

"Yeah, they were like my brother and sisters in gold team. I remember I was put with them in training because the rest of my first squad died during augmentations." He said with a mix of solemness and fondness.

"She's entering the building." Said Quasar. Will get up from his crushed position and used bursts of flames to land on the roof of the building. He then entered an open window on the roof and jumped a few feet to the steel rafters. The steel groaning as it supported the half ton supersoldier.

Stevonnie began to dance, a good portion of the crowd given her looks, with a wide range of emotions behind them.

"God her dancing is horrible." Said Will.

"Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black." Quasar said with a grin.

"Oh haha." Said Will sarcastically.

Suddenly a teenage boy that had a much to do today look on his face walked over to Stevonnie and started to hit on her.

Will materialized an M6 Socom pistol from his gem and took aim at the teens cocky face.

"Hold up, you can't just shoot him!" Said Quasar.

"Why not?" Asked the Spartan.

"Just because he's hitting on Stevonnie doesn't mean you can shoot him." Said Quasar.

He dematerialized the pistol and returned to watching. His golden visor darkened and his black and dark green armor almost perfectly blending into the ceiling. No one would notice him unless they knew he was there.

"She looks like she's panicking." Said Will.

"Of course she's panicking. Their two thirteen year olders in the body of a 19 year old." Said the AI.

He turned his eyes to the AI's avatar inside his visor. "Why do you know so much about this?" He asked.

"I experience time a lot slower than you do. I have to do something to keep myself entertained. Social media and YouTube is surprisingly good at telling you about this."

Stevonnie looked like she was about to unfuse. "We need to do something. That would attract a lot of attention." Said Will.

"On it." Said Quasar as he transferred some of his programming into the smug assholes phone. Which started to vibrate and ring with an unexplainably loud collection of music and embarrassing sounds. This shattered his smug facade. He then tried to find his phone off. Which of course didn't work since Quasar was in complete control. He then appeared to be fed up with the thing and threw it into a wall. The glass shattered on impact with the concrete wall. Quasar transferred back into his suit before it hit.

When he finally calmed down he finally noticed all the states he was getting. Stevonnie then took that moment to leave the warehouse in a fit of laughter. The guy didn't bother to stop her. Instead opting to run out the back door to spare his probably fragile ego from anymore damage.

Will then jumped and grabbed onto the window edge. The reinforced window sill and roof thankfully being sneaky ugh to support him. He got into the for and watched as Stevonnie then split back into Steven and Connie.

She said her goodbyes to Steven and headed home. Steven then walked back home to the beach house. All the while unaware of the Spartan watching him.

[End video]

As you can see he cares deeply about his nephew Steven and wants to keep him safe. Even going as far as to kill someone.

The one thing I can say about him right now is that he becomes more like a regular person emotionally each day. Maybe some day he'll fully understand the world around him other than scientifically. But for now I and the other gems will guide him on what he doesn't know.

This is the end of the first of my logs to the UNSC to keep a status update of our adventure.