Scouting Mission

Authors note
[] Mean robot speech or notes

Outer Solar System

A small group of asteroids was huddled near Pluto. They were less than a meter in diameter and there were only 50 of them.

They kept their velocity as they sped past the dwarf planet.

They continued to make their way toward the inner solar system. Passing by Neptune, Uranus, Saturn and Jupiter.

When they reached Mars 10 of them broke off and descended toward the atmosphere. The rocks entered the relatively think atmosphere and landed in the Martian soil with a crash that shook the ground, but made almost  no sound in the changing atmosphere.

When the dust cleared the 10 rocks appeared to split apart and fracture, leaving basketball sized green orbs inside.

Four circles then appeared on the marbles. They then extended out four cylinders that split in half and extended. These cylinders then flipped them around as they stood on them like legs.

They took a quick scan of their sorrounding area. Noting the atmospheric data. They then took off in a group into the distance.

All the warp pads were destroyed on this planet during the rebellion, so they had to walk.

Their destination could be seen in the distance.

It looked like a large clear dome,. Made of some hexagonal clear material that spread out for miles across and one mile tall.

There was a large grey metal construct on one side that the marbles took notice of. It appeared to be a tunnel connected to the main dome that went out to a ship yard.

[One vessel docked. Size is of extreme note, sending drines to investigate.]

Four marbles took off toward the massive 8,000 foot Phoenix class colony ship.

They had to hide from both machines and humans in exosuits that were working on the massive construction and terraforming efforts all across the area.

[Evaluation, human technology far above expected levels.]

They made it to the one of the airlocks that went into the dome. The marbles were able to scan the materials and layout of the dome and airlock.

[Dome made out of 92% aluminum and 8% titanium mixture. Rest of the grey metal is molecularly hardened titanium, inlayed with other trace materials.]

[Notable stronger than expected materials. Further analysis needed.]

One of the marbles crawled up the side and found the pad used to operate the door.

[Time to open airlock negotiable. Code change and locks suggests monitor or AI.]

The airlock opened and the 6 marbles entered inside. The pad behind them staying blank for a few moments before blinking with an alarm.

They had entered into Demeter. The capital city of Mars.

_______
The other forty asteroids flew past the red planet and took off for the blue and green planet that held the vast majority of life in the system.

Earth

Still unbenounced to the people below hundreds of pictures and limits scans were being taken of the constructs in orbit and on the ground.

But this was not the only goal of the marbles contained within, so they plummeted into the atmosphere.

The rocks glowed a bright red and orange as they crashed through the upper atmosphere.
_______
Hermes control station