Rampancy

The next few months were a blur to Will and even Quasar. The first day her been there was by far the most hectic. But life with the Crystal gems was never quite normal.

Greg ended up letting Will and Quasar stay at his families barn. It was the best option since it was close to a warp pad and had plenty of space around it as well as being secluded.

At first Greg couldn't believe what was told to him about the soldier and the baby.

Will learned more about the Crystal gems as he spent time with them. And Quasar often had long winded conversations with Pearl. But as time went on as well as rose showing more signs of pregnancy..Quasar began to experience symptoms of rampancy.

Pearl was visiting the barn one day helping Will repair it and Quasar was going over the plans Will had made. He and Pearl accidently put a piece in the wrong place.

"No that's not where that goes!"

Quasar's avatar was a bright shade of red instead of it's normal blue.

"Oh no."

"What's wrong with him."

"He is staring to go rampant."

"What do you mean going rampant. What is going rampant."

"Rampancy is something all Smart AI's go through, usually 7 years after they are made. After that time since AI are made from a human brain. The neural pathways become to interconnected. Which creates endless feedback loops. It causes them to have abnormal behavior such as anger, jealousy, sadness and causes them to go insane."

"What can we do."

"The usual solution is to terminate the AI."

"We can't just kill him!"

"I know that but what do you suggest we do."

"Well could Rose heal him."

"We're not letting him anywhere near rose."

Quasar was seen clawing at himself and tugging on his hair screaming. Changing rapidly between his original blue color, red, purple, and yellow.

"You have any better ideas."

"Fine but how do we contain him. He is powerful enough to hack into any computer on the planet."

"We could bubble him."

"Good idea Pearl."

Pearl went up to the AI who started screaming at her. His form started to fizzle and shake. Pearl summoned w bubble around the chip.

"That should do i..." The bubble burst revealing a very pissed Quasar glowing a bright red.

"One bubble isn't strong enough to hold him." Pearl said.

"Is there a way to make a stronger bubble."

"Well there is one way." Pearl replied.

"Well hurry up and tell me he's spreading." The computers in the barn began to spark and glow as Quasar infected them.

"Gems can combine their bubbles to make a stronger one but?"

"But what!"

"They would have to fuse to do it."

"Ok how do we do that."

"You're only a half gem, we don't even know if you're capable of fusion."

"Pearl.if he gets out of here and onto the internet he could be worse than skynet."

"Pealr has heard of the evil AI from the human movie and shivered at the idea."

Quasar was turning more feral and crazy the longer he was left alone.

"Fine first you must dance and we must try to synchronise with one another."

"Pearl I don't know how to dance. And i don't have have a dance style." Then an idea struck him. He read a story that had ballroom dancing in it. He remembered somewhat how it went.

"Give me your hand."

"What."

Will took Pearl hand and put his other on her waist. Pearl was bkushing at he contact. "What do you think your doing."

"The only dancing I know."

And so started a very bastardized version of ballroom dancing the likes of which the world had never seen. It was rushed, it was sloppy, and he and and Pearl tripped on each other multiple times. But when they got it right their gems started to glow. They fell to the ground and dissapeared into a bright light.

The being that emerged was quick on her feet for being 14 feet tall. She was quick on her feet and made the distance to the chip in the blink of an eye.

Grabbing the chip they bubbled it into a green and white pearlescent bubble and ran toward the warp pad.

They took jumped and flipped over the parked Warthog with their long and powerful legs. Their long crimson hair getting into their face and in front of their 2 green pearlescent eyes. They reached the warp pad and activated it. But ship they were in the stream the bubble started to bubble and crack.

It broke causing the chip to tumble inside the stream. She fumbled around and tried to grab it. Even bouncing off her noticable bust. Covered in a teal blue UNSC shirt. The stream started to glow an eerie red and purple color. She grabbed the chip yet again and bubbled it sending the warp stream back to normal but the landing wasn't pleasent.

"Rose we need your he..." The bubble popped yet again sending the AI tumbling to the stone floor and caused the fusion to trip and fall.

Rose and the rest of the gems along with Greg rushed to see the gem that just tumbled onto the beach.

"Damn that hurt!" She looked to see the gems running at her. "I'm fine just save Quasar."

They looked to the chip to see the AI. Quasar didn't even look human anymore. He looked more like a werewolf. With long pointed teeth. His ears turning into a wolfs. His eyes became crazed and wild. His clothes ripped. And fur sproiting from the dark blood red AI.

"What happened."

"He's gone rampant and I'm afraid the only way besides killing him would be roses healing tears."

Rose quickly ran toward the AI.and stood over it.

It snarled at her trying to infect anything it could to attack her. But the warp pad was useless to it and the tech here was primitive.

Roses tears began to fall on the chip as it looked up at her. It splashed onto it and for a moment nothing happened. Until a bright pink glow overtook it.

When it subsided the AI was back to his normal blue color and his clothes were back to normal. But oddly he still had wolf ears on top of his head.

The fusion stepped forward toward the build site by the temple. So far only being some wooden base posts.

He and rose looked up at the fusion. Her face full of relief at seeing He was alright. And quickly blushed when she noticed all attention was on her.

"And who do we have here." Garnet asked.

"Umm I don't mean to but we needed a stronger bubble to transport Quasar here to get healed."

"Don't be sorry, fusion is a beautiful thing."

"Yeah about that, can I get some explanation on what fusion is. Because this was a spur of the moment thing.

"Fusion is the ultimate bond between 2 gems. Showing either love, trust or a deep bond with the 2 or more gems. Who combine their physical forms to create something beutiful. You are not the sum of your two parts, you are your own person."

"So you got a name." Amythest asked.

"Cuprite.. the names Cuprite."