Unleashed

Will-009 made his way through the streets of the capital city of Chi Rhi

It was 2535, and it was one of his most memorable engagement against the covenant... for multiple reasons.

Needless to say the orbital battle wasn't going well. Almost all the ships have been taken out. But that wasn't his concern at the moment.

His concern was survival.

This planet was under the order of Vice Admiral Jean Mawikizi. He tried his best to hold out against the covenant, but there was simply to many. So reluctantly he gave the order to evacuate.

He hugged the building as he checked down the streets. A glance to his motion tracker confirmed it.

The time it took to cross the street was insignificant, but that was all it took to be spotted by a jackal.

A beam rifle nicked his back, the titanium plating being melted almost instantly.

"Damn." Will said as he got behind a building. He needed to go that way.

He took a glance out from cover, only to have his head almost melted.

"Gonna have to think of something." He said to himself.

He looked at the building he was leaning up against. It was a hotel, at least being 30 stories tall.

"That'll do."

He kicked open the metal and glass door and made his way inside.

It appeared that some marines had used this place as cover. Their bodies were nearly unrecognizable. Their skeletons and metal of their armor fused together in a horrifying mixture. He didn't dwell on this though as he had a job to do.

He scanned the room through the sights of his shotgun. He subconsciously racked a shell into the chamber even through the chamber. He only had 3 shells left.

He made his way over to the stairs. The door was already blown off its hinges, making the Spartan even more tense. That meant someone was there, or someone was hiding.

He consciously made his way up the stairs. His shotgun pointing to every little book and cranny. It was dark in the stairway. The wooden and titanium walls were smashed and chipped.

He quickly made his way to the top of the stairway. The door was a mixture of rich managing with a metal overlay. Most of the color and door was cracked and faded from the battles. He let go of the pump with his mechanical hand and punched the door open and quickly ran out and scanned the area. This side of the roof was away from where he was being shot at.

He materialized a sniper rifle from his gem. It was something he found out just recently. He learned it when he was in the armory and wanted to carry more guns with him when lo and behold before his eyes the sniper rifle he was holding dissapeared in a green flash and seemed to almost be sucked into his right shoulder beneath his armor.

'CO nearly had a heart attack when I did that.' he thought.

He crouched and walked over to the side of the roof to get a head on exactly where the sniper was at. He soon spotted it.

In the center hub of the city. It was the capitol city of the planet. But you could hardly tell with the Ash and fire in the sky, it brought almost a blanket of darkness to it.

He estimated the target to be about 500 yards away. Usually this wouldn't be a hard shot, but with all the Ash it would be very difficult. He wondered how those jackals even were able to see him.

He zoomed in through the scope and his visor. The image of the birds appeared hazy. He steadied his breath and took the first shot. By the time the jackals even heard the shot one was already dead and the other two were soon to follow.