Rose's Scabbard

(just breached 50K words last chapter. Never thought I would be a fanfiction writer. Feels nice.)

"This place is even more weaponry than I remember." Said Steven as he admired the vast array of ancient weapons.

Pearl turned back to him as she kept walking. "This was the site of an ancient gem battle. Each weapon was left here by a gem over 5,000 years ago. I personally don't want to tamper with it but Garnet says we can't leave it here."

Garnet then proceeds to pick up an axe over 3 times her size." Never know when you might need one of these." She said.

Will walked up and pulled out a claymore 8 feet long. He decided to go without his helmet for today since it was just clean up. "Why are these so huge. I'm certain that unless your over 20 feet tall these are impractical." He said as he put the sword in his gem.

Garnet then turned to him. "Even though Homeworld doesn't like fusion they still allow gems of the same type to use it only on the battlefield. These weapons are a result of that."

Will simply shrugged his arms. It was then that Quasar jumped off his armored back in his new UNSC robonoid body. The small Titanium marble and his 4 cylindrical armored legs walked up to a giant mace buried in the ground. His combination camera eye/ laser emitter scanned the metal.

"Impressive craftsmanship, these weapons are built with materials on par with Titanium battle plate. But their giant size still limits their practicality." He finished as his avatar appeared over his body.

Will walked up and better the several hundred pound mace over his shoulder plate. "Agreed, and it's weird I havent seen any firearms?" He said.

Pearl walked up to him. "Because human guns aren't nearly as powerful as gem weapons." She said as she lifted up a small sword and tested it.

To this Quasar simply charged up his emitter and will pulled out his SRS99 sniper rifle.

Quasar proceeded to put a large hole through a large clever. While the crack of the sniper soon accompanied the snapping in half of a large blade.

Pearl merely was shocked by the gun and laser shot looked at the damage. "Ah yes, I forgot about your weapons."

Quasar's Avatar simply looked at her. "That's what happens when you've been developing guns for over 11 centuries. And that's not even considering magnetic accelerators or plasma weapons. Although were heading the limits of gunpowder." Said the AI

Will then racked the bolt and the large brass casing fell out. "What's the point of getting in knife fight range when you can take someone out from several dozen feet to several miles away. You could even take them out from orbit or entire astronomical units away if you have a MAC gun." He then put the sniper away.

Amythest then pulled out her whip with a small look of disappointment on her face. God she wished she had a gem shotgun.

Somehow sensing what Amythest was thinking Garnet put a hand on her shoulder and simply said "no". Lapis also looked at the damage interestingly. She wondered what else they had.

Steven then smiled. "I could use one, sometimes a shield and a pistol aren't enough. Remember the pufferfish."

He then turned to lion. "Come on, help me look." He was then subsequently ignored and lion walked away.

"Aw come on, lion." He faked anger as he out his hands on his sides.

Will and Quasar then walked up to him. "Don't worry, we got something in the works that's more than a bit stronger than your Magnum." Said Will with a smile.