Dusk

"Bank along our x axis 60 degrees!" Yelled Captain Cutter as the Spirit of fire groaned from the stress. The old ship was never meant to be a frontline combat ship, but she was going well beyond the call in the last few days.

The colony ship finished its turn just as a frigate grade MAC fired at them 30,000 kilometers off to their right. The round cut across space and slammed into the massive armor plates that ran two thirds the length of the ship. It ripped a massive gouge in the two meter thick plates of Titanium A before continuing off into space.

"Fire deck guns 2, 4 and 6 on that rebel ship!" Yelled the captain once again to his crew as they worked on fire solutions for the heavy cannons. The ship groaned once again as the bank of engines roared as it brought the big coilguns to bear.

The Insurrectionist Frigate fired its engines not full and started to turn and try to run off. It's 50mm coilguns firing all the while. But the small rounds only left small craters in the thick armor of the Spirit.

Twelve flashes of light signaled that the three quad heavy coilgun batteries released their deadly payload. Golden streams of ionized gas left a trail behind the rounds as stray gas was superheated in the barrel.

The frigate made a valiant attempt to escape, even dodging three of the 400mm tungsten rounds. But the other nine made contact with the light armor of the ship. Four struck the nearest engine pod and speared through to wreak havoc on the second pod of the Stalwart class frigate. While two struck the MAC assembly, and the final three struck central mass and caused massive holes to rip through the ship.

Two of what he'd been told were called Sabres soared by and unleashed a payload of anti-ship missiles on the stricken Stalwart. They hit right on top of the bridge and ripped the command center apart in a blaze of fusion explosives.

It brought a small smirk to his face as he watched the dead Frigate float lifelessly. It didn't matter what they were fighting for anymore, you use nukes on population centers and execute innocent people just for siding with the UNSC. Then they would be put down.

It had only been a half hour since they'd come out of that alien Slip space rupture. While he thought originally this was his earth, the differences were abundantly clear as seen as he saw the details. He would have to have a conversation with someone when this was done. 

Especially with her no doubt bearing down on this location at that very moment. They were on a limited window of time and had to end this quickly.

So, with a ironclad determination he refocused on the rapidly thinning rebel fleet. But these new UNSC ships were clearly racking up the damage themselves. They were far more powerful than the ships he was fighting. But the rebels outnumbered them. The shields, which was something he still needed to get used to, of the UNSC ships were starting to go out. Leaving their armor as their only line of defense. And with the rebels getting more and more desperate, their hulls would likely have a lot of craters soon.

But in what seemed like an act of defiance to what he was thinking, one of the 2 kilometer cruisers let out its MAC. The rebel Marathon would never be able to get out of the way. The Song of Sirens unleashes three 600 ton slugs into the rebel Marathon.

The first slug cracked the armor around the impact area and penetrated several decks below. The next speared through the weakened armor, and the ablative nature didn't help when 3.2 gigatons of kinetic energy hit you at once. The final slug speared through the reactor and caused the already crippled cruiser to go nova. Splashing everything near it in titanium debris.

Cutter smirked to himself as he watched the Insurrectionist ship get turned to subatomic particles. But his thoughts were cut short as the deck shuddered from explosions throughout the hull.