Chapter 62: Chaos

Second update for the day....
So I want to rant small before the chapter, please read this.
I appreciate you all that vote (not that I don't appreciate those that don't but you can do better)
Then those that comment 'thanks for the update' thank you so much for commenting but please I would love to hear your thoughts,not just a thanks, I know it's distracting and pretty hard to stop and comment but please it'll only take a few seconds and it'll put a really big smile on my face.

Thank you as you read this and insha Allah abide, may Allah bless you.

••••••

Zayn stared at Fahad blankly through the phone, "why are you so worried, he is your cousin isn't he?"

Zayn and the rest of his friends, which included Aliyu Haidar, Umar Farouq, the prince and his maternal cousin, that was all basically, he didn't keep much friends, more like any at all.

"Yes and a psychopath," Fahad replied pointedly.

He wasn't overreacting like they all made it seem, sure it was normal for a cousin to call and congratulate you on your wedding, but not that cousin, he is bad news on his own and worst, what he'd said was, "congratulations on your wedding cousin, your wife really is pretty."

That! That comment had his blood boiling.

"I honestly think it's nothing to worry about, he has been silent for a very long while, I'm aware of his movements." Zayn tried to assure but Fahad was having none of it because he shook his head.

"Yes, he has been quiet which should worry us, he is a mad person!"

"Fahad, I think you need to calm down," That made Fahad turn his attention to Umar who was on Zayn's right side completely, he had been pacing before, he stopped dead in his tracks and sent a glare to his friend and cousin, anyone would quiver but he was pretty used to it.

"Calm down?" He questioned looking at Umar then he turned to Zayn, "Zayn you said calm down–" He was pointing behind him like said cousin was standing there, "–the last time I saw that sick person was when he kidnapped Huda so don't tell me to calm down," He shook his head again the pulled out his phone from his pocket, he tapped for a bit before putting it to his ear. He tapped the red button on the iPad and ended the video call.

"Xavier."

••••••

Layla watched Khadijah laugh out loud at something Huda said, she couldn't help but smile at the two.

Since Huda walked into the house like she owned the party, the whole ambiance changed and it was all cheery, she has been making Khadijah smile which in turn made Layla happy.

She knew the difference between Khadijah's smiles and she was glad that specific smile was the real one, and better yet, she was even laughing. Not to exaggerate but that was probably the first time she had laughed in a month.

"Aunty Layla can I speak to you?" Her head snapped to Kamla who was a few feet away, her fair hands stained with red henna, it looked remarkable.

"Sure," She followed her to the front of the house, all the cars were parked outside to give room for the event, "is everything okay?" She asked when they were alone.

"Hamma Fahad called he said that he wasn't getting you on the phone and he sounded worried, he said to call him if anything suspicious is going on, I don't know but I saw some men outside and they don't look like they are from here." Layla's eyes widened.