7. Azeerah

So first off, I should apologise for the late update, I wanted to have this up on Saturday but I didn't have the energy to write so here we are.

I want to specially thank @Harunafaree for her kind words and unending support, she is an angel I tell you, a very great angel who will be a best seller Insha Allah, so thank you so much sis, you're one of the most honorable humble and sweet people I've come across, may Allah make it easy for you ❤❤❤
So there is it, short but don't worry I'll surprise y'all.

Happy reading

"Miss, the second meeting with the president's daughter is in an hour" Victoria informed Khadijah who was sitting with a sketch book, she nodded not looking up.

"Thank you" she closed the book and picked her phone to order an Uber, her car was with the mechanic something she didn't care to know what spoilt, it was giving her problems and making disturbing sounds.

The driver would be there in twenty minutes so she sat back and texted Layla to meet her after her meeting at the same restaurant, they haven't seen each other since the weekend with her family.

Khadijah looked around the dark themed restaurant, there wasn't much people there and she liked it a bit but it still didn't stop her from being on edge, she wished she'd told Layla to meet her before her meeting with the president's daughter, who was late by the way.

She ordered her second cup of black coffee and sighed, if she knew she wasn't going to show up early she shouldn't have bothered calling her, she hated people that weren't punctual.

"Excuse me, is this seat taken?" She jumped a little when she heard a man's voice, controlling her fast heartbeat she nodded, she'd refrained from telling him it wasn't an event or school where seats were taken.

She'd thought he left not bothered enough to look up.

"Well, hello"

He didn't seem like someone who would give up, she looked up and mustered the most uninterested and annoyed look she could.

"Hi" it sounded like a 'leave me alone, you're in my personal space' but he didn't seem to notice that.

"I saw you sitting alone, thought who would keep a beautiful lady like yourself waiting" she fought an eye roll and turned back to her coffee which was already getting cold.

"Not much of a talker, got it, I wouldn't want to disturb your alone time, can you please give me your number? We can have coffee sometime or something" he sounded unsure at the end, she didn't look up when she replied.

"I'm married" it was a total lie but it kept men away and she was fine with it. She'd always shuddered after uttering those words, it sounded so foreign and bitter to her but that was the only thing that'll keep her from Falling into the same situation.

"Oh, I'm so sorry" he sighed defeated and left her alone.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, there was a little traffic and I kind of fell asleep after arriving, thank you for waiting"
Khadijah fought the urge to thank Allah loudly, she couldn't wait to finish with whatever it was the lady wanted to adjust.....again, instead she nodded without uttering a word.

Like their first meeting, Nasmir Babangida Muhammad, some call her the first daughter but she found it rather bogus and unnecessary because she was not the first child of the president, she didn't voice it though, it could be considered hate speech against the country's beloved first daughter.

She could recall the other three ladies with her, her sister, Aisha, Azeerah her best friend and Maryam, her friend and soon to be sister in-law.

"Where should we start?" Khadijah brought out her sketch book where she had started the rough sketch for the dinner gown.