12. her time

Suddenly everything made sense

Suddenly everything made sense. Jongseong had come to a realization that Eun byul had replaced him. She barely even talked to him anymore and was always away with Heeseung. Eun byul had never loved him the way he did. Feeling betrayed and heartbroken, he walked away from her, heading to swim practice.

**

"So, how did it go? Did she say yes?" Jaeyun eagerly asked.

Jongseong sighed, placing his duffle bag on the locker room bench.

"She can't," Beomgyu said blatantly, walking into the locker room, "I heard she got into trouble and she didn't show up to lunch. I overheard that kids heard her and Heeseung playing in the music room. I never knew she could play any instruments."

"Wow, rumors sure do fly," Jaeyun responded.

"I'm surprised you actually know so much information, Beomgyu hyung," Sunghoon exclaimed while walking in.

"Wait, did you say she was in the music room?" Jongseong questioned.

"That's what I heard," Beomgyu exclaimed, shrugging his shoulders, "Who knows, maybe it's just 'pick me girls' starting rumors again. You never know."

"I suppose," Jongseong replied with a tone of disappointment.

At this point, it's probably true. If anything, Eun byul only hangs around Heeseung.

**

Returning back to her home, Eun byul flopped onto the couch. Her mother approached her with a cup of green tea and a bowl of fruit.

"Day one of your punishment. It's good that you came home on time. After you rest for a bit, go study or do something productive. Don't even think about sneaking out of the house," Mirae said sternly.

"Yes mom, don't worry. I'm not going anywhere."

Eun byul immediately opened her book bag, revealing the sheet music Heeseung had copied for her. Analyzing the music, she rested her head against the couch, sighing.

"How on earth am I going to play this?" she wondered.

She felt a buzz from her phone and looked down.

Heeseung: Make sure you review your music. And practice if you can

Heeseung: I'm sure you can do it! You're really amazing so don't worry too much. If it gets too overwhelming, take a break

Eun byul let out a soft sigh, "He's so persistent it's quite comical."

Eun byul: okay, but no promises

Heeseung: Great :))

Standing up from the couch, Eun byul hesitantly walked towards a room she locked herself out of for years. Never once had she gone in and never in a million years would she think that she'd be playing the violin again.

Opening the white door, she saw her built-in practice room, filled with storage boxes of old music books, trophies, and certificates. The room was dark, covered by a dull grey curtain. The suffocating dust had taken over the small space and Eun byul felt as if she became a dust ball just by walking into the room. Sunshine peeped through the window as she opened the curtains as a ray of light laid upon her violin. She ran her finger over the leather case as a layer of dust coated her finger.

I guess it's my time to play again.