16. the video

2 days later

2 days later...

After the talent show, every student and every teacher found a reason to admire Heeseung and Eun byul. Their musical chemistry was undeniable and their skill was impeccable. No one in Gyeongsangnam-do was aware of the talent these two students had.

"Eun byul," Jongseong exclaimed, walking over to Eun byul's desk, "Did you see the video?"

"Video?" Eun byul tilted her head.

"Yeah, someone posted your performance at the talent show yesterday, but the views started spiking up like crazy this morning. Your video already has 17,000 views!" he exclaimed as he handed his phone to her.

"What?!" Eun byul gasped, snatching the phone from Jongseong.

In terror, Eun byul heard her mess of performance and the headline of the video read Prodigy Cha Eun byul Returns Back on Stage After her 2 Year Disappearance.

"No," she muttered under her breath, hiding her face in her desk.

"Eun byul what's wrong?" Jongseong asked, "I thought this was a good thing?"

"I- no... I don't know," Eun byul stuttered, "What if everyone finds out? What happens if someone exposes me? If there's already that many viewers then surely people are going to find out!"

"Eun byul, calm down," Jongseong whispered, holding onto her shoulders, "Everything is going to be alright. I'm not sure if we can take down the video, but I'm sure many kids won't find the video, right?"

"Yeah," she sighed, "I hope they won't find the video."

**

"Eunmi-ah, you should see this," a tall young man with soft dimples approached a stunning young lady resting in a loveseat.

"What is it, Soobin?" she responded, taking the tablet he handed her.

Raising her eyebrows in amusement, she saw a sight she thought she'd never see in millions of years.

"She sucks that's for sure," Eunmi exclaimed, giving the tablet back to Soobin.

"You think she's going to compete for nationals?" Soobin questioned.

"Well, with this new accompanist of hers, I'm sure she's going to pull something. I didn't think Eun byul was coming back to the stage ever again after Yeseo."

Soobin stayed silent.

"Alright, let's start prepping for nationals. Nationals begin in autumn so we don't have much time, Soobin," Eunmi got up from her seat, gravitating towards her violin, "It appears mom's silver star has returned."

—————————————————

character profile

name: cha eunmi 차 은미
birthday: march 5
age: 20
height: 5'5
grade: 2 year in university

other info:
- eun byul's older sister
- majoring in music theory and planning to be a professional classical musician
- has been competing in musical competitions all her life and is still competing in university
- has been playing the violin since she was 5 y/o
- her piano accompanist is her boyfriend choi soobin

—————————————————
a/n: two new characters!! and yes this soobin is tomorrow by together's soobin lmao

sorry for being real inactive! i actually got sick w. covid and i'm still recovering :/ covid really sucks and because the omicron variant is so much more contagious it's been more dangerous. i've been pretty miserable because of being sick, but i'll continue to write and make this a great story!

thank you so much for 900+ reads and 160 votes <3