14. our time to shine

After walking countless flights of stairs, Heeseung and Eun byul finally made it to the music room in which they would do their last rehearsal

"Ready," Heeseung exclaimed softly, placing his fingers over the keys of the piano.

Eun byul nodded her head, taking one final breath.

"1, 2, 3!"

**

Eun byul stood on the stage with her fingers trembling, her heart beating violently, and her breath quivering. She felt as if she was all alone even though Heeseung was on the stage with her. Not even realizing the crowd was only a couple of people, Eun byul couldn't focus and clenched her teeth together.

"Eun byul, you're going to do just fine," Heeseung whispered from afar, "Just let the audience know that it's our time to shine."

"Next up we have Lee Heeseung and Cha Eun byul from class 3-B," announced their classmate, Shin Jiwon, "They will be playing Beethoven's Violin Sonata No. 9, Kreutzer."

The audience gave scattered and empty claps as uninterested people began leaving the school gym.

"Come on Eun byul," she thought to herself, "You can do this. More like you have to. There's no point in escaping now and running off stage. Just play. Just play!"

After taking one deep breath and closing her eyes, she brushed her bow ever so lightly yet creating a powerful impact. Heeseung's eyes opened widely as the music filled their ears.

"She's really doing it," he thought with eyes shining like sparkling stars.

"I somehow feel free," Eun byul began to ponder, making it to the fourth measure, "It feels wrong to feel this good, but I want to play the violin again. I want to play the violin for the rest of my life and play with Heeseung. Yeoseo, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for everything I did to you, but I don't want to live in agony anymore. I can't just be guilt-tripped for the rest of my life. I need to find my worth. I'm sorry, but it's time for me to move on."

More students came into the gym, in awe and shock to see such performers. Never in a million years did these students think that they would hear music as great as this in Gyeongsangnam-do.

**

"Thank you for supporting the Gyeongsangnam-do High School Swim Team," Jongseong smiled as he handed the crepe to the student. The girl blushed and handed him the money.

Having the school festival was a perfect opportunity for all sports teams to promote their teams and create fundraisers. And this is what the swim team just did. Fortunately, running the crepe stand with Beomgyu, Yeonjun, and Jaeyun was not as chaotic as Jongseong expected.

"Yah, Jongseong," Sunghoon called from a distance, out of breath, "Dude, you're late."

"Late for what?" he tilted his head.

"Eun byul is performing with Heeseung right now!"

"What?" Jongseong jolted from the crepe stand, "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I just found out a minute ago, hurry, let's go before their performance is finished," Sunghoon exclaimed, jogging back to the gym with Jongseong.

Making it right on time, Jongseong and Sunghoon stood in the crowd of kids, mesmerized by the extravagant melody. It was just one stroke from Eun byul's bow and a single note from Heeseung's playing to grab the attention of Jongseong. It felt as if a gust of wind had dramatically smacked him right in the face.

"Th-They're perfect."

———————————————
a/n: hello everyone 😩 i am indeed not dead... i know i haven't been very good about updating chapters. tbh i've been losing some motivation and school has been exhausting w. all this college prep/classes. thank you so much for 600+ reads and loving my work 🥰

also, CONGRATS TO ENHA FOR WINNING AWARDS FROM AAA AND MMA 😩💓 im so proud of them 🥺