I Beat Emmet At Video Games

I'd love to hear your guy's thoughts! If you wanna message me I'll respond too! Thanks for reading!!

Poor Emmet looked devastated as he lost for the seventh time in a row, Jasper now observing gleefully from his spot as far away from me as possible.

"What cheat are you using?" asked Emmet, our eyes glued to the screen.

"None," I responded, making him huff. He threw down his remote in defeat as I came in first again.

"The pizza's here!" called Esme from the kitchen. My eyes lit up as the two boys and I unfolded ourselves from the various couches and armchairs. A book on one of the numerous, amazing, beautiful bookshelves in the living caught my eye. I backpedaled, reading the title on the spine.

'Domande Filosofiche Ancora Senza Risposta' It read. Philosophical Questions Yet To Be Answered, now that is my type of book! Carlisle walked into the living room, stopping as he saw me looking at the book.

"Philosophical Questions Yet To Be Answered, huh?" I asked him, a small, bright smile on my face. He raised his eyebrows, a look of surprise on his face.

"You're quite the linguist aren't you?" he asked, walking over and standing over my shoulder with his arms behind his back. "I've heard from Jasper you speak Spanish, Edward French, and now Italian?" he said his question more a statement. I blushed looking at the wood floors.

"It's a bit of a hobby," I admitted.

"I can tell," he said as we walked into the kitchen where Bella sat at a bar with a plate of pepperoni pizza, Edward in his usual spot. A.K.A, basically attached to her hip. Esme gave me a motherly smile before placing a plate of two bacon and pineapple slices in front of me. My sister glanced at it before crinkling her nose.

"How can you eat that?" she asked. I gave her a blank stare before replying, "With my teeth," she merely sighed, by now used to answers like this.

"Besides, it's good!" I protested. "It's like if Hawaii was food!" I pointed out with wide eyes. She just stared at me blankly, not understanding the true gloriousness in this particular food.

"It appears that Caroline here has mastered four languages," said Carlisle, leaning on the countertop, looking at Esme and Edward.

"Really?" asked Esme, leaning closer with interest.

"Wait-you know four?" deadpanned Bella. I blushed bright red from all the attention, avoiding all eye contact.

"It's nothing really," I blushed.

Carlisle and Edward merely chuckled, making me feel a bit 'left out' of a joke or something. Suddenly, I brightened, remembering some of the books I'd seen on the ornate bookshelves.

"You have some beautiful books!" I said excitedly, the emotion showing in my eyes. Isabella seemed interested, I guess I'd never really been this excited about something since my stay here at Forks.

"You like books?" asked Esme. I nodded slightly, remembering the beautifully bound leather books of all shapes and sizes, some looking extremely old and others relatively new.

"Have you read the Illiad and the Oddysey?" asked Edward looking at me over Bella's head.

"Yeah, it was extremely fascinating," I said. "And Great Expectations, War and Peace, Gone With the Wind, Moby Dick, Murder on the Orient Express, the Full Volumes of Sherlock Holmes," I sighed, "Sherlock Holmes is one of my favorites," I said, staring off into space. Imagining my beautifully leather-bound deep green version back in Mexico. I'd wanted to take it so bad, but had left it because of a lack of space in my suitcases.

The kitchen was silent for a moment as everyone stared at me. My content, overjoyed demeanor of talking about my books disappeared as I shrugged defensively.

"I have a lot of free time," I told them. And indeed I had since I'd been doing nearly anything to get my mind off of the murder of my best friend. I instantly banished the thought even though my soul felt 15 pounds heavier with just the thought. I also didn't miss how none of the present Cullens were eating any food. But hey, maybe they just ate at a later time. Every family works differently.

I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I0I

The nightmares come that night. I'm covered in sweat as I thrash around in my bed, trying to escape from the horrible nightmare that holds me captive.

"Carol! Caroline run!"

I dash forward, my feet finally listening to my commands. I heard a shredding sound but don't turn around as Trishton told me to. I hear female screams and low growls before something rakes itself down my shoulder to my opposite hip. I see a flash of fur in the corner of my vision before my attacker is tackled off of me, I pass out.

Later, the hospital tells me that I needed 127 stitches and they almost lost me from blood loss. My companion was nowhere to be found. I'm released later that night while the next morning I go for a walk. I go on autopilot, walking by the way Trishton and I had just been two nights ago before he went missing.

The stench of blood in my nose. Turning to find my best friend laying in a puddle of his own dried blood. His dead glassy eyes staring into mine. A shrill scream, I can't remember if it's mine or not. Trishton is dead because of me. Because I was a coward and ran while he held off the attacker long enough for me to escape, losing his life in the process.

I wake up, muffling my screams with my hand over my mouth. I've been crying in my sleep silently, something that happens occasionally with the same reoccurring nightmare. I try to slow my breathing as I switch out my pajamas for some not-sweat-soaked ones. I make my way effortlessly silently to the bathroom to splash some water on my face.

Get a hold of yourself, you idiot! I beret myself as I effortlessly pad back to my room. My alarm clock only read 2:49 am. I'm not feeling good. My room is extremely hot, baking hot exactly. My fan is on high though and I tell myself it was just from the nightmare. I know by now that when I fall back asleep it won't be dreams that visit me tonight, only my nightmare.